What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (2 Viewers)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Also nobody going to say anything about all the STAR WARS movies being in 4K HDR? Disney was keeping that secret!
Other 4K surprises include Who Framed Roger Rabbit and (I'm not joking) The Bears and I.

and... The Sword in the Stone, now in 4K HDR and not the blurry mess that was the Blu-ray.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Also nobody going to say anything about all the STAR WARS movies being in 4K HDR? Disney was keeping that secret!
Other 4K surprises include Who Framed Roger Rabbit and (I'm not joking) The Bears and I.

and... The Sword in the Stone, now in 4K HDR and not the blurry mess that was the Blu-ray.
Was just going to.

Holy Shit!!

Star Wars
Dolby Vision
Dolby Atmos

I wasn’t expecting this. Would have subscribed for this alone!!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
After downloading the app to my iPad, I had some trouble getting logged in. I would get the error message "Unable to connect to Disney+". As I was typing this, though, it finally got through to the site.

I was able to get logged in using the Firefox browser on my Windows PC immediately. I have not turned on my home theater yet to try with my Apple TV 4K and Roku Ultra.

EDIT: Getting the same error message with my Samsung Galaxy S10e smartphone after logging in. I can tell I'm logged in, because I can go to my profile menu option. Going to the home screen results in the error, though.

EDIT2: Was able to get in via Apple TV 4K and Roku Ultra in the home theater. So, the only device I have tried and am having an issue with is the Samsung Android phone. I still have to add the app to the other Roku devices in our home.

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
One disappointment is that you can't do billing through iTunes like you can with Criterion Channel. Being able to do that is nice because you can use discounted iTunes cards to pay for the subscription.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Sleep?

I just happened to semi wake up at 4:30 and thought ill just check to see if I can load the app.

Then I saw Star Wars in UHD HDR and thought "I'll just check out the first few minutes." Yeah, right.

An hour and a half later I was still watching when my alarm went off.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks, guys, for the initial reactions and information on what you're seeing. Makes decision making about a subscription much easier.

Keep the comments coming PLEASE!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thanks, guys, for the initial reactions and information on what you're seeing. Makes decision making about a subscription much easier.

Keep the comments coming PLEASE!

You get seven days for free, and it’s a fully functional trial. Enjoying it now, nice that they let you sample the goods.

I started watching a True Life Adventure from the 50s and then reality set in and bedtime called. I’m hoping that enough users will watch the vintage Disneyland and and Mickey Mouse Club stuff from the Treasures sets to encourage them to keep adding beyond what was released on disc in those waves. I was gonna rewatch Spin & Marty soon anyway so instead of my DVD I’ll check out their HD version and give it the play counts.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Quick question for those who have been able to watch the stuff on the site (I have not been able to log in yet). Yesterday’s Digital Bits article says The Sword in the Stone is on there in “4K.” Can anyone confirm if it’s a new transfer or the same horrible transfer that’s on the Blu-ray?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks