What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I think everyone is making way too much out of this "pay 2 window" that is part of the current Netflix contract with Disney. They have until 2025 to work something out. Disney is not going to want to lose content to Netflix and, right now, Netflix will play hard ball hoping to damp the Disney+ party a little. Give it a few years when Netflix is in need of some cash due to insane spending and slowed subscriptions. They'll cave and let Disney buy out the contract.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Does anyone know if the 20th century Fox Fanfare will be removed from Pre Disney Lucasfilm content ie Star Wars eps 1-6

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
This app needs to be here before Tuesday doesn’t it?

iTunes new releases always go up at midnight eastern Monday night - I wouldn't be surprised if that's when we see it.

But no, we don't have to see it before then.

Last edited:

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
It has been for the digital versions currently on sale.
It’s still on the ANH digital version. Now that Disney owns Fox though, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it removed from the ANH digital version eventually. In fact, I’m curious to check it out in Disney+ on Tuesday because, that is the first “new” digital release since Disney bought Fox.

One of the saddest things about Disney buying Fox is that one of the most icon film logos and music may be gone forever (at least as far as new movies are concerned).

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
On the other hand, now that Disney owns Fox, maybe they'll restore the fanfare. Not likely, but you never know.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
On the other hand, now that Disney owns Fox, maybe they'll restore the fanfare. Not likely, but you never know.

that’s why I mentioned it. I figured Disney may leave it in place since they own Fox library

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
... and still no apps available for download. Hopefully Disney's servers will not be overwhelmed by all their subscribers downloading apps at the same time.

App downloads probably won’t be coming direct from Disney servers, no? I would think that Disney+ apps for AppleTV will come from the Apple App Store, FireTV from Amazon servers, Roku from Roku, etc.

I would be more concerned that users will have trouble authenticating their subs, since that probably will depend on Disney servers.

I do remain hopeful, but Disney’s web services for Park stuff have been a sh*tshow forever. Thursday I spent way too much time trying to book FastPasses for a trip my daughter is taking. A lot of problems with the site hanging. Web competency has never been Disney’s long suit. Hopefully the D+ is in its own part of the Disney empire and the BAMtech guys have this sorted.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It just doesn't make sense to me that the app hasn't been available yet.

Couldn't we have it loaded and been watching the trailers of coming content to avoid the inevitable crunch that's going to come?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks