What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
How much of what they put on Hulu will eventually migrate over to Disney+?

Not that much. Unless the movie/TV Show is family friendly, it will stay on Hulu. So, the more mature titles will just populate Hulu. That's why they kept it and did not announce a merger of the two services.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I also see Walt-era animated shorts and True-Life Adventures among the list.

I also see every Muppet-related property they own except The Great Muppet Caper.

Last edited:

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Looking over the movies list for my favs (that are not yet on Blu-ray), I find:

Darby O’Gill And The Little People (1959)
That Darn Cat (1965)
The Ugly Dachshund (1966)
The Black Cauldron (1985)
Three Men And A Baby (1987)
Three Men And A Little Lady (1990)
Duck Tales, The Movie. Treasure Of The Lost Lamp (1990)

Still Missing

Song Of The South (1948)
The Moonspinners (1964)
The Happiest Millionaire (1967)
Captain Ron (1992)
Six Days And Seven Nights (1998)

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Disney has never made the entire run of Disneyland/ Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color/The Wonderful World of Disney available at once. I thought the streaming service would be where they would finally make it all available but apparently not or not yet. At least they should make available the episodes that were not just Disney theatrical movies split into two parts. Even if many of the episodes were just promotions for their latest feature film or newest rides and attractions at Disneyland Park.

Complete runs of theatrical cartoons would be great. Not by character, which has been done on DVD, but by year so you get a variety of shorts made at the same time.

Last edited:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
They got the US rights to that in the Fox deal. I think the sequel was what came out through Columbia. I'm also surprised not to see Hello, Dolly! included especially when the Broadway revival was not so long ago, it plays such a major part in WALL-E, and Doctor Dolittle*, an even bigger money-loser for Fox that still managed to outgross Disney's two concurrent Sherman Brothers musicals, is up there.

I wouldn't be surprised to see "Classic Mickey", "Classic Donald", "Classic Goofy" compilations show up eventually. Maybe they'll do them year-by-year. Then eventually they'll have to deal with the question of whether or not to include WWII-era material. Right now, they just chose a few at-random and list them among the theatrical features.

*It is George Bernard Shaw's Doolittle family which has a second O. Or in their case, AAAAAAAAAOOOW!

Last edited:

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Again, that posted listing is what they're showing in the Netherlands so titles like Hello Dolly! might be shown here.

I sometimes feel that there are people here who do not understand how streaming services work and that they're a form of LIVE SERVICE that expands continuously over time. All I read is complaints about why this, and that isn't there, but they can't add everything on day 1....

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I sometimes feel that there are people here who do not understand how streaming services work and that they're a form of LIVE SERVICE that expands continuously over time. All I read is complaints about why this, and that isn't there, but they can't add everything on day 1....
I understand that completely. I would just want to be sure that the future expansion dips into the past for content instead of just adding new just-in-theater/just-on-cable releases to expand their offerings.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I noticed that TCM has no Vault Disney Nights scheduled for the rest of the year. Perhaps its been discontinued so that the older films will be exclusive to Disney+.

As content will cycle in and out I hope they provide ample notice when titles go "Back To the Vault"

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I noticed that TCM has no Vault Disney Nights scheduled for the rest of the year. Perhaps its been discontinued so that the older films will be exclusive to Disney+.

I didn't watch-I don't have cable-but I understand Maltin said at one point in the night more are coming.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I have no idea what will end up on D+ in the long term... but in the shorter term, I’ve been working on building a HTPC and I just ripped all my Disney treasures discs into it, and arranged them so you can watch all the Disneyland episodes included in chronological order, rather than arranged by topic as on the discs. All of the cartoon shorts are in chronological order as well instead of being separated by character and theme. It’s pretty awesome!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Pretty glitchy program so far. Can't add email, can't sign up with the Disney Visa offer. Pretty disappointing for a Disney product. I'm expecting it to crash and lag a lot the 1st few months based on all this. I see several forums with people complaining they can't sign up with Disney Visa offer but no solutions. Never experienced these problems with any other streaming app before its usually easy and smooth.

Update: Apparently there is a lot of problems with the DisneyVisa offer when using a PC. It defaults you to the regular offer and you cannot get to the Disney Visa offer. I tried on two different PC's. No pop up blockers. From searching online that seems to be where the problem is. It expires on 9/30 so they don't seem to be concerned with fixing it. It does work going through the Internet with a cell phone. So I just signed up that way. Pretty poor experience so far I hope it improves by the time it goes live and I hope they add a lot more classic material especially TV to their monthly rotations.

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Pretty glitchy program so far. Can't add email, can't sign up with the Disney Visa offer. Pretty disappointing for a Disney product. I'm expecting it to crash and lag a lot the 1st few months based on all this. I see several forums with people complaining they can't sign up with Disney Visa offer but no solutions. Never experienced these problems with any other streaming app before its usually easy and smooth.

Update: Apparently there is a lot of problems with the DisneyVisa offer when using a PC. It defaults you to the regular offer and you cannot get to the Disney Visa offer. I tried on two different PC's. No pop up blockers. From searching online that seems to be where the problem is. It expires on 9/30 so they don't seem to be concerned with fixing it. It does work going through the Internet with a cell phone. So I just signed up that way. Pretty poor experience so far I hope it improves by the time it goes live and I hope they add a lot more classic material especially TV to their monthly rotations.

I am happy you found a work around. You shouldn't have had to find one...but I'm happy nonetheless.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The good news is that the sign up sites and the actual streaming service are operating on different platforms.

From what I've read the actual streaming service will be operated by BAMTech which is already supplying tons of streaming services. Whether they can amplify that to Disney+ level streaming is to be seen, but they've been handling live sports for a long time and now ESPN+ for the last 6-12 months. MLB, MLS, NHL, WWE, FoxSports, HBOGo and I think they have at least part (if not all) if Huku Live

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks