What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (2 Viewers)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
It will be fun to get a look at the app, well, read reports about the look of the app.
I’m interested to know what kind of extras are included with movies (same as digital releases or not), how 4K looks, sound options, etc.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
There are a number of Disney+ demos scheduled at D23 over the weekend. I'm planning/hoping to get to one of them and see how it all looks. I likely won't get into the actual Disney+ panel.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I'm interested in Disney + for the company's rich catalog and their potentially new, quality programs which are non-Star Wars and non-Marvel. I'm bored with both these things.

I mean, I enjoyed the first 2 of the original 3 SW films, but then trudged through the 2nd trilogy; tried again with Force Awakens and then I just gave up. 2 out of 7 isn't enough to keep me tuned in for 1,000 more adventures. I don't have enough hours to enjoy all the great content that's out there as it is, let alone tuning into repetitive & relentless CGI battles.

I have to think the general public will eventually be fatigued with these properties too. But I suppose not until this all-you-can-eat gorge fest on Disney + gives them an opportunity to do so.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I have to think the general public will eventually be fatigued with these properties too. But I suppose not until this all-you-can-eat gorge fest on Disney + gives them an opportunity to do so.

Maybe, probably not, though. The public hasn't gotten tired of endless seasons of such vapid "reality" TV as The Bachelor, Real Housewives, Dancing with the Stars, etc. And all of those are available on streaming services as well as on broadcast/cable networks.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
The only question I want to know is whether or not this new Disney + will stream things like the original Mickey Mouse Club. If it does, I’m in. If not, I can’t see it being worth while.

If it’s not going to break open the vault, I have zero interest.

Gary “why not offer Walt Disney Presents, Wonderful World of Color, etc & other classics?” O.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The only question I want to know is whether or not this new Disney + will stream things like the original Mickey Mouse Club. If it does, I’m in. If not, I can’t see it being worth while.

If it’s not going to break open the vault, I have zero interest.

Gary “why not offer Walt Disney Presents, Wonderful World of Color, etc & other classics?” O.
This was one of the first things I stated after Disney+ was announced. I'd like to have the complete run of The Mickey Mouse Club and Zorro, HD versions of Make Mine Music and Melody Time: in other words, things that aren't currently available for purchase.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m ripping my Zorro into my HTPC so at least it’ll be streaming in my house :)

But yeah, I’m a sucker for all the vintage Disney stuff from the dawn of the TV era and I could live on that stuff for a long time. I’ll try out Disney+ for the new shows in franchises I’m already invested in, but I’ll stay longer if they make that vintage stuff available too.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was lucky enough to get the Zorro DVD Treasures tin set to review many years ago before it quickly sold out and went out of print, but having access to the series via streaming would be so much more convenient. Many people weren't as lucky as I to get that set before it sold out so for them it's mandatory that Disney+ offers it.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Anthony Quintano shows off the founders club pin. He registered at D23...
ECq64iNUEAAdMai

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I still can't get over the stupid title "High School Musical: The Musical: The Series". Why is "The Musical" needed when the word Musical is already in the title?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks