Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
View attachment 75012

Just finished watching this

Absolutely, the most incredible Broadway show I have ever seen. The choreography, lyrics, music were all just spectacular.

Great 4k presentation with some nice Atmos effects

Going to watch this again tomorrow. Completely blown away! It exceeded my expectations and they were very high!​
As some of you know, I'm not a big-time musical fan. It really takes a good musical to get me to sit down for 160 straight minutes to watch one. When it comes to me, another thing it had going for it is that Alexander Hamilton is my favorite Founding Father so my interest was high in watching this musical. A beautiful video and audio presentation by Disney+.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
As some of you know, I'm not a big-time musical fan. It really takes a good musical to get me to sit down for 160 straight minutes to watch one. When it comes to me, another thing it had going for it is that Alexander Hamilton is my favorite Founding Father so my interest was high in watching this musical. A beautiful video and audio presentation by Disney+.

So, I take it you really liked it then?

Seems to be a lot of people making quite a bit of "ado" about Jonathan Groff's (King George) spit...

Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 1.03.52 PM.png

Reactions: Darby67

Tino

Premium
Real Name
Valentino
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been spit on by actors in the first two rows of a broadway show. They are powerful expectorates! ;)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Hard to say at this point. As of this post, the only vintage Fox titles on Disney+ are the original Miracle on 34th Street, Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Sound of Music, and Hello, Dolly! (Please let me know if I’m forgetting any titles).
HBO Max seems to have more Fox titles than any other service right now.

Cranston37

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I have more respect for the filmed Hamilton after learning it's actually 3 performances stitched together. 2 were in front of an audience then all the close-ups were filmed without an audience.

Once you know that you can notice small things such as costumes changing a bit (one of the sisters has a flower that disappears then reappears) but they did a fantastic job putting it together.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Has Disney + added other significant archival series, World of Disney, specials, etc. since the ones available at original launch? Talking about 1950s-1980s.

We tried it for a month at launch, and watched what was available then. Then left. Wondering if they've gotten around to releasing any others lately.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Has Disney + added other significant archival series, World of Disney, specials, etc. since the ones available at original launch? Talking about 1950s-1980s.

We tried it for a month at launch, and watched what was available then. Then left. Wondering if they've gotten around to releasing any others lately.
Some select episodes of Wonderful World of Color are there like the Disneyland Pre Opening Report episode, Man on the Moon and a Mars one. There's also a Mouseketeers at WDW episode, though I haven't watched it yet. I know there's more, but those are the ones coming to mind.

Reactions: David Deeb

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I would pay $29.99 for a purchase I cared about, but not a rental.
I'd prefer to pay modestly more for a 4K disc (w/ DC) myself... and just forgo my usual wait-for-a-sale mode (where I'd probably pay $15-20). I wasn't necessarily going to see Mulan in the theater even during normal times though.

_Man_

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I don’t like the precedent this could set. Disney+ is suppose to be an all inclusive subscription service but, not anymore. Send it to Vudu or iTunes if you want to charge $30 extra.

Hey, if it works for them then they can just charge extra for all new stuff and delay access for the regular subscription for months. They could even create a new Disney+ Premium sub that cost $60 a month and you get everything when it is released. I mean, this is the company that found a way to charge a lot extra for some movie premieres, and people actually paid!

If this was Netflix, charging extra for season 2 of “The Umbrella Academy”, people would be furious. Disney fans on Reddit actually seem happy to spend more money on Disney+.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If you were wondering why subscriptions for Disney + were so cheap, this is your answer.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
els