What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I still can't get over the stupid title "High School Musical: The Musical: The Series". Why is "The Musical" needed when the word Musical is already in the title?
The show is about a high school production of "High School Musical" so, as Travis mentioned, the clumsy repetitiveness of the title is part of the joke.

That last trailer, aside from the animated classics (and Poppins) doesn’t have any clips from vintage Disney, which makes me wonder just how much will actually be available.
The trailer was about selling the service to today's kids and families, so I'm not surprised that they focused on the current heavy hitters. I'd say all of the vintage Disney that has been remastered in HD and isn't mired in controversy (a la Song of the South) will almost certainly be on there.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
The trailer was about selling the service to today's kids and families, so I'm not surprised that they focused on the current heavy hitters. I'd say all of the vintage Disney that has been remastered in HD and isn't mired in controversy (a la Song of the South) will almost certainly be on there.

Exactly

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I remember the Disney channel in the early 90's played the Planet of the Apes TV series from 1974. along with a lot of other content from Fox. I'm hoping that Disney + does the same. I am still leery about joining yet another streaming service, but that will make the decision easy for me.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Just wondering, for us Mac-heads, is it pretty much confirmed that AppleTV will have a dedicated app on day 1?

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Just wondering, for us Mac-heads, is it pretty much confirmed that AppleTV will have a dedicated app on day 1?

Yes, it is confirmed for Apple TV, iOS, Android, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox One and PS4. No FireTV for now.

Here are some videos of the interface in action. You also get a glimpse of some classic Disney movies like “The Parent Trap”.

The following videos are clips taken from the video above:

Hopefully Disney doesn’t forces the videos to be removed but, I’d watch them soon just incase.

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I apologize I have not gone through the whole thread. I will likely drop Netflix soon. I currently subscribe to Hulu and have had espn plus in the past. If I subscribe to the Disney app and want the bundle with Hulu and espn. Will I have to unsubscribe to Hulu and subscribe to Disney plus to get the bundle?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I apologize I have not gone through the whole thread. I will likely drop Netflix soon. I currently subscribe to Hulu and have had espn plus in the past. If I subscribe to the Disney app and want the bundle with Hulu and espn. Will I have to unsubscribe to Hulu and subscribe to Disney plus to get the bundle?

I would assume so, yes. But we really can't know until it launches...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks