What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (2 Viewers)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad you mentioned this! I thought I was crazy watching it on video. It seemed different to me!
Some lunatic* did a breakdown of the differences/additions to the end credits music of The Force Awakens in that movie's Blu-ray review thread back when the disc came out:

I went to the theater and saw TFA once more since it was leaving theaters and I recorded the end credit music. Comparing that recording to the soundtrack and the Blu-ray, I've conclusively answered the questions about the end credits music (conclusive to me anyway) and long story short, the Blu-ray absolutely alters the end credit music.

More in-depth and more difficult to clearly explain, the soundtrack's 'Jedi Steps And Finale' is close to the theatrical end credits music but it cuts out about 2:15 worth of music (starting about about 6:20 on the soundtrack) before returning to the music as it is heard in the theatrical version. The Blu-ray end credits have a longer alternate (from the theatrical music) version of 'Rey's Theme' and it adds music (similar to the track 'Scherzo For X-Wings') and the rest of the music from the theatrical cut end credits is present on the Blu-ray (including the 2:15 worth of music that wasn't present on the soundtrack).

The Blu-ray's version of 'Rey's Theme' runs about 1:10 longer than it does in the theatrical credits and the 'Scherzo' music runs about 1:41. That additional 2:51 accounts for the Blu-ray running 2:18:06 rather than the rounded-up 2 hour and 16 minute run time of the theatrical cut.

EDIT: The closest you can get to the theatrical cut's end credits music would be to take the soundtrack track 'Jedi Steps And Finale' until about 4:12 and match it to the music on the Blu-ray at about 2:11:56.

* It was me.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Earlier in this very thread :)

(But yes, I agree, search is better at turning up whole threads with title matches than articles discussed within differently named threads.)

John*Wells

Premium
Real Name
John
The only request I have of Disney at the moment is that they put the 1973 Miracle on 34th street on the platform uncut

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegekko77
Recent bookmarks