What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (3 Viewers)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
How is this any different from cable days when some first run movies went to HBO, while others went to Showtime or Starz?

Subscription streaming is the successor to premium cable subscriptions, not to physical media ownership or video store rentals/purchases.
Agreed except I think Video store rentals but not purchases went to streaming as well. Where did all the disc renters from blockbuster and other stores go? They are not purchasing discs as most renters never did they went to streaming.

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Disney+ just added the uncut version (170 minutes ) of THE HAPPIEST MILLIONAIRE. The only part missing is the exit music. which would bring it to 172 minutes.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Oklahoma (Todd-AO version) also apparently got added to the service at some point, which I was not aware of until today when I sampled the D+ print of Happiest Millionaire to see if it was the roadshow version or not.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
If you use the Ibotta shopping app, they are currently offering a 50% cash back on a Disney+ subscription. This includes an annual, monthly, or bundle deal. Subscription must be made from the Ibotta app on a smart device or the Ibotta browser extension.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Ibotta has sweetened their deal for today only - receive a 75% rebate (up to $17.50) when signing up for Disney+ via the Ibotta app or web browser extension.

Last edited:

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Anybody else not getting Atmos today using Airplay or any other Apple devices or technology? This happened a few months ago and was fixed so I hope this is just a repeat. One of their tech support people said they had an "update" that disabled Atmos from what I was using, I certainly hope they were wrong about that.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I haven't had that problem, but if it makes you feel better they took away Atmos from the Android app on my TV. This should probably go in the "Streaming Frustrations" thread, but it seems providers are frequently disabling Atmos, presumably by accident.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
This app is such an oddball.

watched What If…? this morning and noticed that even though it plays as DV and Atmos sound the app displays some of these shows/movies as HDR10 and 5.1

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Is anyone getting Zenimation to play in Atmos? The app shows it is not available in Atmos (only stereo and 5.1), but the end credits display the Atmos logo.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
Atv4K

Also I think that Simpsons Loki short was suppose to be 4K Atmos but it isn’t.
D463234A-4BA5-46F1-8A47-33C3D9E2495D.jpeg

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
It just premiered today, so it's possible that not all of the tags were loaded yet. DV and Atmos are listed under the Details tab.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
This is for every 4K title I looked at.
I’m out now so I can’t take another look till later.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Apple TV flags are screwed up on Disney+. I saw the app updated recently and I hoped it was fixed, but it wasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StreetPreacher
Recent bookmarks