What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Price increase. Many bought 3 year deal at start. I get it included with my Verizon data package.
Those who don't have a preexisting deal are getting hit with a $1 a month increase. Annual subscription is increasing $10.

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
Dang some good memories here!!! Yes I did lose that Nokia phone. I’m sure it’s still supporting the audience seating as they were indestructible!!

I tell stories to many about this forum and the meets. So many wonderful memories.

Back to the topic. Just purchased the Iron Man Collection along with the Captain America collection on 4K disc.

I had my wife set it up while I was out of the room.

Video wise was never the give away. You’re right Robert. It’s more or less identical.

I was able to pick the disc 4 out of 4 times but only from the audio.

I did not try and decibel match though it wasn’t about volume. It was about depth is the best way I can describe it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Back to the topic. Just purchased the Iron Man Collection along with the Captain America collection on 4K disc.

I had my wife set it up while I was out of the room.

Video wise was never the give away. You’re right Robert. It’s more or less identical.

I was able to pick the disc 4 out of 4 times but only from the audio.

I did not try and decibel match though it wasn’t about volume. It was about depth is the best way I can describe it.
Yeah, I agree with you that the audio presentation of streaming is lacking in comparison. After 36 years in a manufacturing environment, my hearing isn't as good as it was when I was much younger and I've never been what you call an audiophile so for many streams, the audio presentation is close enough for me. Furthermore, I'm more of a visual person, therefore, video presentations are more apparent to my visual senses than anything that requires me to use my compromised hearing and knowledge.;)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Is anyone else having problems getting Disney+ to load tonight?

I'm trying to get the newest episode of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier to play via my Roku. I got it to work right after midnight, but the subtitles came on for some reason. So I had to exit the app and go into Roku settings to turn off subtitles.

Then once that was done, I couldn't get back to the episode. When I select it inside the app, the blue buffering circle takes several minutes doing its thing and then goes back to the Roku main screen. I also picked a random movie on Disney+ to see if it was affecting the whole service and I can't get that to play either.

HBO Max (which as far as I know does not have a massive thing dropping this morning) works fine.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Is anyone else having problems getting Disney+ to load tonight?

I'm trying to get the newest episode of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier to play via my Roku. I got it to work right after midnight, but the subtitles came on for some reason. So I had to exit the app and go into Roku settings to turn off subtitles.

Then once that was done, I couldn't get back to the episode. When I select it inside the app, the blue buffering circle takes several minutes doing its thing and then goes back to the Roku main screen. I also picked a random movie on Disney+ to see if it was affecting the whole service and I can't get that to play either.

HBO Max (which as far as I know does not have a massive thing dropping this morning) works fine.
Disney+ does that to me on my Roku from time to time. Rebooting my Roku usually fixes the issue.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
That worked. I've never had to do that before. Thank you!
Glad it worked. I think what happens is the cache inside the app gets full, and the way Roku's are designed, the only way to clear it is to restart the device. That is one of the few things I prefer about FireSticks - you can delete cache on an app by app basis.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Sony's Spiderman to stream on Disney+ in new deal.

Theatrical releases from 2022 to 2026 will move to Disney after their runs on Netflix, which earlier this month announced a deal with Sony for a pay-1 exclusive as well as co-production rights to direct-to-streaming films.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, here's another article about that Disney/Sony deal.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Sony's Spiderman to stream on Disney+ in new deal.

Theatrical releases from 2022 to 2026 will move to Disney after their runs on Netflix, which earlier this month announced a deal with Sony for a pay-1 exclusive as well as co-production rights to direct-to-streaming films.

Yeah, here's another article about that Disney/Sony deal.

Kind of a confusing deal. From what I understand, Netflix gets the movies first, then it goes to Disney+ after the undetermined Netflix timeframe ends.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Kind of a confusing deal. From what I understand, Netflix gets the movies first, then it goes to Disney+ after the undetermined Netflix timeframe ends.
Hell, doesn't that fit the status of streaming and why the industry is failing their consumers again with another video format.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
How is this any different from cable days when some first run movies went to HBO, while others went to Showtime or Starz?

Subscription streaming is the successor to premium cable subscriptions, not to physical media ownership or video store rentals/purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks