What's new

Disney Stock Certificate as a gift....legit sites? (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
The last stock I sold through a brokerage firm took 3 days to sell. From the time you authorize the sell, the broker takes the average price of the next three days and you get that minus their fee, which was $25 per trade/sell per stock type. I sold 50 shares of a common stock and had 5 shares of the same company's class A stock which I did not sell, but wish I had. At today's current price, I can sell my 5 shares and only get the value of 4 of them.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric

Was that stock in certificate form? If so how long did it take to verify and also release funds after settlement? It is standard for stocks to settle in three days, but with certificates you also have delivery and verification - The erification is what can consume the most time.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
FWIW: I have owned DIS stock for a long time (10yrs), it was given to our family by My father, its has not done squat. Bye them a share of Exxon Mobil.
:)

JoshuaMerdock

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
Go to Disneystock.com ..Awesome site..They got me a framed Disney stock certificate in 2 days and for a baby christening gift..Plus I had got a free stuffed Mickey Mouse. The mom told me the Disney stock was the coolest and most unique baptism gift she received for the baby. Everything came to about $100 bucks.....
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
Rock on ...

amber

Auditioning
Real Name
autumn
If the nephew keeps the stock for a long time it could end up being more than one share of stock. My mom purchased two shares of Disney stock when I was 5. By the time I was an adult the stock had split enough times that I had 24 shares. So it is possible when your nephew is ready to sell the stock it won't be just one share anymore.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I would suspect that Dennis uses the same brokerage house that his family has used for decades. The next time we play golf I'll ask.

Huh?

I use TD Ameritrade. They haven't been around for decades. They charge $9.99 per trade with no limit on the number of shares.

I come from a blue-collar family and we didn't exactly have a brokerage house on retainer.

Funny story though. My dad's half-sister's father-in-law (let's call him "daddy Busch") worked for a small startup back in the early 20th century. He constantly took advantage of the employee stock purchase plan, by which he could buy stock at a discount. When he died the daddy Busch stock went to his (only child) son, and then to his wife, and then (since they didn't have any kids) to my dad. When my dad died I got 1/3 of the daddy Busch stock.

The small startup was called AT&T.

Daddy Busch also got my dad his job with AT&T so he was a great benefactor of my family, even though he was just a blue-collar working stiff.

This is one of several reasons I retired at age 53.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

What makes you think I was referring to you? I wasn’t by the way.
Um, because his name is also Dennis? I had to read the thread a few times to realize you were speaking of an offline friend, Dennis - but you didn't mention his name initially, and the only Dennis in this thread was Dennis Nicholls. An easy misunderstanding to make.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Nathan*W

I had to read the thread a few times to realize you were speaking of an offline friend,...
Amazing, simply amazing, no other comment is necessary.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

Amazing, simply amazing, no other comment is necessary.
It was an explanation, not a personal attack. Definately no reason at all for your condescension.
Edited by Nathan*W - 7/30/2009 at 11:29 pm GMT

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
And why must Mark's symbolic gift -- combining an icon that the kid will recognize with a financial element he'll grow to appreciate -- be reduced to a utilitarian argument about whether it can be sold or not? Even if you sell it, it'd be worth what, $26? Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees...

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
C'mon, folks, this is a 19-month-old thread revived by a couple of new members who obviously didn't realize how old the topic was.

Not worth getting excited about. Please.

oldstocks

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric Drum
These are real stocks and you can sell them (through a broker) since they are not just art. IOf course there are more companies than Disney avaialble. The below have real live shares in multiple companies -- Disney, Harley Davidson, Playboy, DreamWorks, Starbucks, Apple Computer, Martha Stewart, BP, AIG, Krispey Kreme, McDonald's, Tiffany, Wal-Mart, Pepsico, Coca-Cola, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, eBay, Google, Yahoo, Amazon, Ford Motor, Home Depot, Volkswagon, Under Armour, Target, Intel, IBM, DuPont, Fedex, General Electric :

MyStockCertificate.com

OldStocks.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks