What's new

Disney Releases THE MOON SPINNERS in 1.33:1 (1 Viewer)

jonathan_govols

Stunt Coordinator
Disney is getting alot of bashing here (and some of it deservingly so) but they are still releasing probably more catalog titles (at good prices also) as the other major studios. I am totally OAR all the way but I will buy a movie if it is only released in 1.33:1 ratio and it is one of my all time favorites (Ace Ventura, Happy Gilmore, Caddyshack 2, Christmas Vacation, etc...). To me the most important thing is having the film (at least some of it). I am getting to the point where I could handle a full frame only release of Robin Hood Men In Tights. :angry: Can this title please be released? Again I said "to me the most important thing is having the film" where I am stressing TO ME. I know most here are only OAR and STRONGLY against P&S and FF. I am also against P&S and FF but if I think that's the only version that will ever be released on DVD I will still buy it (as is the case with the films mentioned earlier). Please nobody jump down my throat ;) I just think that a badly done release is better than no release at all (Hello I need Robin Hood Men In Tights ;) )

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Rodney, I think your suggestion is a good one, and the adaptation of it for all of Disney's DVD's would certainly put to rest a lot of complaints and misunderstandings, mine included.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Disney's DVD website indicates that the 5 live-action films debuting on March 4 will be fullscreen: Man of the House, Heavyweights, Blank Check, A Kid in King Arthur's Court, and First Kid.
:angry: :frowning: :thumbsdown:
Hope they're wrong.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Gee, I have most of those on laserdisc in widescreen! I thought they told me DVD was going to be BETTER!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
well, since i never got a definitve answer on this movies aspect ratio here, i decided to go ahead and open it up a check it out last night.
i had the pj pulled back a little to crop the image to about 1.66 and the compositions actually looked pretty good, however the titles were very cramped, and some 2 person shots seemed too tight also.
therefore, i'm guessing the true ratio was 1.66 and this cropped from that.

not that the ratio really matters much because the transfer itself is abysmal.
it looks like it was mastered for vhs and just dumped on disc.
it looks like a Madacy or Alpha disc.

pretty pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks