What's new

Disney Radio = Hillary Duff's Pimp (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Man. As others from the satellite radio forum know, I really enjoy my SIRIUS. But on long trips with the fam, my little kids only want to listen to Disney Radio.

Over the weekend, we listened to their Top30 "Requested" countdown.

Top 3:

1. Hillary Duff - Come Clean
2. Hillary Duff - Why Not
3. Hillary Duff - So Yesterday

She also had two other songs in the top 30.

By the time the drive was over, I had heard so much Hillary Duff I had decided that was enough Lizzie McGuire for a lifetime.

I can't believe the album is the seller that it is.. I mean, my kids loved it, but they are four years old. I can't believe they would be calling in requests..

I assume it doesn't hurt her that she's a Disney artist on Disney Radio.. man, if that isn't Payola..

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor

If it is, what street corner does Disney Radio do business, and how much for the sugar:D

In all seriousness, though, how many adolescent girls have ever listened to Satellite Radio? I think that Sirius and XM have been accepted by more mature listeners, while FM and top40 are still the staple for shrieking wannabe valley girls

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
It's not about Sirius. It's about Radio Disney which is also on a number of mostly AM stations throughout the country. I think their whole playlist amounts to about two dozen songs top, and HD has three of them.

BTW, Sirius is also showing up in a lot of rental cars, so a wider cross-section of users are being exposed to it than the early adopter demographic.

Regards,

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
He could, but I'd imagine the girls would put up a fuss. I'm sure that's the last thing he wants.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
On XM, there are two kids stations; Disney and XM Kids.

My daughter prefers XM Kids hands down. In fact, they tend to play more Disney music that Radio Disney, which is nothing more than a normal commercial station, full of ads, promos and other junk.

And this coming from a guy who tends to be a bit of a Disney geek.... a shame their station is so poor.

Don't know what other kids offerings exist on Sirius, but on XM, XM Kids rules.

BGL

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
Hilary Duff's mom went to child psychologist because she was worried about her recent behavior... The Doctor asked Hilary to sit outside while he talked to her mother for a bit. When they called her in, the Doctor explained to Hilary that, "her mom wanted her to see him becuase she was worried that Hilary might be mentally ill, but that neither should worry because 'odd' behavior is not that unusual in teenagers." Hilary's mom interupted him and said "That's not what I said!" The doctor, quite astonished by the mother's sudden change of heart said "madam... didn't you just say you were upset because Hilary was losing touch with reality?"

"No YOU QUACK!!! I Said I was upset because she is F*CKIN' GOOFY!"

:D

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
could you imagine a scene where mickey walks up to hilary standing on a street-corner?

yo beyatch! get your ass over here. you mean to tell me you been standing here all day and you ain't had a single hit? wat the f**k is that? you better get your chilly little ass to work before i bust a ........

Doug_B

Screenwriter
This is definitely a post for Chu. Maybe he has a pertinent photo of Hilary - maybe as a St Pauli Girl or similar.

Doug

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I would imagine Disney plays so much Hilary Duff because she's a "kid-friendly" artist (never mind the direct Hilary to Disney connection), and there aren't many artists I can think of who fit that mold (Michelle Branch maybe). What other artists make up their Top 30?

I've been fortunate enough only to have listened to Radio Disney once in my life, and that was about three years ago, because I was curious to hear what a "kid's" radio station was supposed to be like. Sure enough, it was mostly Britney and Christina before they went all "slutty."

:laugh: Did you have to pull over to the side of the road just to hear the sound of your heart pounding in your chest?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks