1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Postpones Tomorrow

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dick, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    Following in the wake of their announcements for the delays of ED WOOD; EL CID; CITY OF GOD; THE CHRONOLOGICAL DONALD; FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE; LILO AND STITCH SPECIAL EDITION; WALT DISNEY'S TOMORROWLAND; CIRCUS WORLD; WALT DISNEY ON THE FRONT LINES; POCAHONTAS SPECIAL EDITION; and MICKEY MOUSE IN LIVING COLOR VOLUME 2, Disney has decided to postpone tomorrow until further notice. The week will continue directly with the day after tomorrow, says self-proclaimed god Michael Eisner, Chairman of the company. Once all traces of Roy Disney have been erased from the day's supplementary features, a new annoucement will follow and tomorrow will be re-scheduled. It is expected that it will be full screen only, which will compromise everyone's peripheral vision and no doubt cause countless traffic accidents and other mishaps, but only for a day.

2. Joe_Pinney

Joe_Pinney Stunt Coordinator

Joe Pinney
    Oh, this was an attempt at humor. I thought there was yet another delay of the Treasures series. Those were delayed until May, but not because of Roy Disney, just manufacturing capacity at their plants.

Disney has the rights to El Cid? Where did you hear this?

3. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    EL CID and the three other Bronston epics are Mirimax property, thus Disney. Joe, I don't know if that was as much an "attempt at humor" as it was simply the culmination of years of frustration with the Disney Company. Might as well joke about it as scream, I guess. See a separate recent thread about their latest pan and scan titles...

4. Joe_Pinney

Joe_Pinney Stunt Coordinator

Joe Pinney
    Oh okay, well you get no argument from me on the fact that Eisner needs to go, and that Disney needs to release all their films in OAR rather than giving us great DVD releases one month with pristine transfers and sound mixes one month and half-hearted also-ran P&S releases the next.

I was just thrown by your "news item" take on it....I thought at first that they'd postponed "Walt Disney's Tomorrowland" yet again and was starting to get irritated, until I realized you were being facetious.

Didn't know that Miramax owned the Bronston epics! Hope to see them sometime before the decade's out.

5. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Cinematographer
    Supporter

I got it Dick and found it quite amusing.

Of course, now that there's a hostile takeover floating around, Eisner might not have a Tomorrow. [​IMG]

6. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

The nephew'll be in....tomorrow.
    Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
    Eisner's out.

Just thinkin' about tomorrow
    clears away the deadwood and the sorrow
    When Mike's out!

When I'm stuck with a day
    That's gray,
    And lonely,
    I just stick out my chin