What's new

DISNEY - Please release uncut versions of Fantasia, Make Mine Music, Melody Time, etc (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
DISNEY...
Please release the uncut versions of the following:
FANTASIA
MAKE MINE MUSIC
MELODY TIME
SALUDAS AMIGOS
WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT
DUMBO
I sent a letter months ago pleading for uncut releases for these films. I never got a reply. These DVD's are wretched examples of pigheaded censorship. With the excellent technology DVD has to offer, why couldn't muliple versions be authored to DVD? Why did these DVD's have to be released with false claims like "Original, Uncut" or "Fully Restored"
I don't want to purchase any of these titles because of the censorship. To me, censoring is wrong and destroys the intent.
Please, Disney, release the uncut versions. I will regain faith in purchasing videos from you when the above titles are FIXED. Anyone who supports the idea of Disney re-releasing these titles uncut, please show your feelings about the censorship.
------------------
P.S.: There's no P.S.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Pretty, pretty, pretty please with sugar and whip cream and nuts and a great big ol' cherry on top?
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TwinTowers.jpg

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.
Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.
http://www.miami.com/herald/content/...ocs/000565.htm

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I would of course love to see uncensored versions of Fantasia and Dumbo.
However, realistically, this will never happen. Disney doesn't care about art, they care about money and being PC.
------------------
ribbon.gif
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon
Anyone in the Vancouver Canada area interested in a meet? Click here
MOVING ON DOES NOT MEAN FORGETTING.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Disney,
I have the uncut WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT? and SALUDOS AMIGOS, the cut FANTASIA, and DUMBO on laserdisc, and have the uncut versions of MAKE MINE MUSIC and MELODY TIME on tape, from Disney Channel broadcasts a few years ago (way back in the primordial days of 1997-98, when kids could emotionally handle Pecos Bill rolling and smoking a cigarette, and shotgun-toting hillbillies in love).
If you were to release completely uncut/unaltered versions of these animated classics on DVD, I'd certainly buy them. I will not buy the cut/altered versions currently available, nor any future editions that are cut/altered. Your company's fortunes were built upon animated films like these, and it'd be nice, and appropriate, if you actually treated them (including occasional content that doesn't always dovetail with your current PC mindset) with the same respect that most of the other companies treat their live-action films from that era.
Thanks for listening.
Peter M. Fitzgerald

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Disney, I won't buy Fantasia unless you put the offensive images of black centaurettes back in the movie where they belong!
rolleyes.gif

GaryEA

Second Unit
I would just like to have Deems Taylor back in Fantasia. I understand why he wasn't in the new disc, so how about releasing a decently mastered, pre-restoration version for posterity?
To me, Mr. Taylor WAS Fantasia.
Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks