What's new

Disney- Please fix MONSTERS INC! (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I have a Pioneer DVD/LD unit as my main player, and at exactly 84:01 into the movie, where the layer change is, it locks up and won't keep playing. I've read that this turned out to affect most Pioneer players out there. I called the 800 number and talked to a technical person, but he didn't seem to think this was too big a problem because it was at the layer change and my player was an 'older' model, even though it's never had a problem this big with a disc before! Yes, you can hit Chapter Skip forward to play the rest of the movie, but I don't want to have to do that. I won't buy any more DVDs from Buena Vista until this problem is fixed!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Within a month they'll have to file for Chapter 11! :)
Jesse, are you sure it's a general problem? BTW, my disc will be arriving soon, and I currently have a Pioneer, although the Toshiba is still in the house. I will let you know here if I experience problems too! And if necessary, how both players compare in that respect.
How about other members?
Cees

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Come on guys, it's been more than a week already! And I meant it when I said that I will NOT buy any more Buena Vista DVDs until they fix this one!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It seems that the basic attitude of Disney's tech support line is "We don't care"

Translation: "We're not fixing it until we run out of discs in the warehouse"

ElliottC

Auditioning
I have a Pionner DV-525 with the same problem, tried it on a friends 525 as well and guess what....freezes @ 84:01, skip to the next chapter (84:02) and it works fine. I have never had an issue with any DVD's in the past on this unit or any other hardware based Pioneer players. I suspect that much like the DTS version of Jurrasic Park they will offer a replacement at some point. I will be calling Pionner this weekend to report the issue as well as the Disney Folks and let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks