What's new

Disney OOP Schedule (1 Viewer)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Someone mentioned in a recent Snow White thread that many Disney titles are getting ready to go OOP. Is there an accurate, confirmed list/schedule for this somewhere. I'd like to try and figure out what titles I need/want to buy. I was all over Disney's site yesterday with no luck. You'd think they'd have that plastered all over their site, what a selling point!
Brett

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I believe the following will be going on "Moratorium"
The Little Mermaid
Lady and the Tramp
The Jungle Book
101 Dalmations
I'm pretty sure of the first 3, not so sure about Dalmations. I think all the future PLATINUM releases that are currently available will be gone.
But with the Snow White free DVD offer, you can pick up any of those 4 titles for free. This must mean that Disney has TONS of these discs and didn't stop production years ago like everyone thought. They are all marked Limited Issue but even as late as last week, my local BB had all titles in stock and for sale.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The "OOP" titles would be those from their initial wave of releases that have not subsequently been issued as "gold". This would include the designated "platinum" titles such as 101 Dalmations, Lady & the Tramp, Jungle Book, & The Little Mermaid, as well as Peter Pan, which has not been announced or released as a "gold" edition yet. I'm not sure whether or not it includes Lion King 2: Simba's Pride, but I assume it does until it is branded "gold" and re-released. Titles not OOP because they have been re-released in the "gold" series include Mulan, Hercules, & Pinocchio.
There still seem to be plenty of copies of these titles floating around as of now, so they may not be scarce for quite some time.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I was wondering what titles were going away soon ^^. Thanks, now I can probably changed my list of stuff to buy next week to something else(was going to buy Fantasia Anthology). But, speaking of that title, is it purpose to still be out, or should I pick it up now for 50 at Wal-Mart?
------------------
gosalyn.gif

Support the DVD release of the Disney Afternoon for her.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
$50 for the Fantasia Anthology is a pretty good deal unless you have an online coupon and can get it for less with that. I paid about $47 when I preordered, and considering the full slate of extras plus both movies and the third disc, it's well worth the $50.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I bought mine new and sealed on eBay for $31 + shipping. I thought that was about right.
My daughter (2.5 years) is petrified of either version of Fantasia. The music freaks her out. She'll appreciate it when she's older, I suppose...
If you are REALLY into Fantasia, its worth $50. IMHO, The Toy Story Ultimate Toybox is what to spend $50 on unless you already have it.
Also, there is some sort of mega disney box set out now. For $199, you get Toy Story UTB, Fantasia Anthology, Emporor's New Groove (2 disc set), Tarzan (2 disc set) and maybe something else. It might be a Costco/Sam's Club type deal, I'm not sure.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Also, there is some sort of mega disney box set out now. For $199, you get Toy Story UTB, Fantasia Anthology, Emporor's New Groove (2 disc set), Tarzan (2 disc set) and maybe something else. It might be a Costco/Sam's Club type deal, I'm not sure.
I saw it at CostCo for $199.99: "Disney's Ultimate Collector's Edition". It has:
  • Toy Story Ultimate Box Set
  • A Bug's Life Collector's Edition
  • Tarzan Collector's Edition
  • Dinosaur Collector's Edition
  • Emperor's New Groove: The Ultimate Groove
  • Fantasia Anthology
Here's the pic from Costco's web site:
392522.jpg

Note that the pic doesn't show it, but the Fantasia & Toy Story box sets include the same boxes they are sold in seperately (i.e., the Toy Story box has the silver cardboard box with the clear plastic slip-over with the pics on it).
Since the only one I don't own yet is Dinosaur (am looking for it - locally, not online, thanks - cheaper than $30, honestly), then I had to pass on it...but's it's great for someone who wants to collect Disney and is just getting into the DVD scene!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
My 3-year-old enjoying Superman - The Movie in widescreen:
Steve_Widescreen.jpg

(Some of my DVD's are to the left side of the picture)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks