What's new

Disney Online Movie Rentals Via Xbox Live (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
It has been working just fine for me, and from the very good growth rate MS is experiencing in downloads, for many others.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
It is. As I understand, it is already in beta. It is part of the infastructure that will allow PC gamers to play on-line with 360 gamers.

Shawn Perron

Supporting Actor

And thus the Microsoft investment in the xbox comes full circle. They'll have a robust and tested download service full sprung on the PC. They even have the getting it to your TV angle covered. Buy on the PC, play it on the 360. HD downloads here we come. Gotta give it to Microsoft, they have some smart fellas working there.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget Netflix was designed around the eventual date when all movies would be pay-per-download instead of DVD-by-mail. Thats what the owner said anyway "We didn't call the business NETflix for nothing."

Eric F

Screenwriter
And it's going to flop bigtime.

PC gamers just aren't going to be willing to pay for the privilege to "pay to play" when they've been doing it for free all this time. Wait and see.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Looking at the numbers of the first couple of Games for PC's released by MS, you are dead wrong on your assumption. With Gears of War soon to be out on the PC with on-line play should pretty much seal the deal.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I would agree with EricF to some degree. Do PC gamers pay for online play? Yes, actually one of the most successful PC games of all time, World of Warcraft, is subscription based.

However in the PC world pay for play is pretty much limited to MMO-RPGs and not FPS games. With titles like the Unreal, Quake, and Battlefield series being free for so long I simply can't imagine PC gamers paying to play another FPS online. Especially a title that has already been out on other systems for almost a year.

I am honestly biased in my opinion as I'm a big PC gamer and would hate to start having other titles adopt this model. I love online play on the PC but I don't think I'm willing to pay for it except when it comes to expansive MMO-RPG titles which offer much more game play than other games.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Well its not just games. Its also movie downloads and classic TV shows eventually music as well.

Doug

Eric F

Screenwriter
Maybe so, but I doubt that would matter. Does it matter with movielink? How many people want to watch TV on their PCs? Yes, I know the HTPC market is getting bigger, but I doubt the average joe would want to pay $50 up front for the privalege (Live membership) and then have to pay to rent a movie on top of that. I know I sure as hell won't.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

I would watch TV shows on my PC mainly because I never know when shows are on and don't really have time to catch them when the networks says I should be watching them. Most of the time I wait for the DVD of the show to come out an rent it. But if I could download the show around the same time that it airs and watch it when I want that would be a pretty good deal.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks