What's new

Disney: Nice work on "The Rookie" (1 Viewer)

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
I finally saw "The Rookie" the other day after CDNow continuously kept sending me P&S versions multiple times. I will be the first to say that I am not exactly the biggest baseball fan. This movie however, even though it is has a lot of baseball is so much more. I really enjoyed it.
Now the DVD was really nice too. I thought the quality of picture and sound was very good. The extras were however what made it a real treat. Great use of deleted scenes with good introductions from the director. The commentary track was also very good and informative. The real treat was the 20 minutes documentary with interviews and pictures about the real "rookie". You even got to see the real scenes that were part of the movie at the end. It even had a baseball school explaning to different aspects of the game (useful for people like me knows next to nothing about the game).
In other words, this is one of my favorite DVDs right now.
Last thing, did they manage to make me like baseball? Hmm... No. Disney failed there. I guess you cannot succeed with everything. Now if only this movie was a soccer movie.. :)
Ron Birk

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks