What's new

Disney Movie Club (1 Viewer)

ChuckyMan

Agent
Real Name
Charles Wilson
I'm a member of the Disney Movie Club. I just ordered some stuff and got a collectable pendant. It mentions it being the 20th anniversary of the disney movie club...but that's not possible. I remember the disney movie club existing back when I was a kid in the 80s. Am I crazy ?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm a member of the Disney Movie Club. I just ordered some stuff and got a collectable pendant. It mentions it being the 20th anniversary of the disney movie club...but that's not possible. I remember the disney movie club existing back when I was a kid in the 80s. Am I crazy ?

I don't remember a Disney Club from then. The DVD Club I ordered from in 2003 for the first time and VHS was an option as well

It's possible there was a Disney VHS or maybe Music Club then that maybe sold VHS though I don't remember anything like that
I don't remember a Disney Laserdisc/VHS type Club though in the 90's

ChuckyMan

Agent
Real Name
Charles Wilson
I don't remember a Disney Club from then. The DVD Club I ordered from in 2003 for the first time and VHS was an option as well

It's possible there was a Disney VHS or maybe Music Club then that maybe sold VHS though I don't remember anything like that
I remember my aunt being a member of the Disney club back in the 80s. I always thought it was so cool.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Like David said, maybe there was some other iteration of a Disney club back then.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Your right! There was a VHS version of the club back in the 1980s. I was a member and continue to be one to this day!
I don’t know how DMC calculates the 20 th Anniversary - maybe since they began offering DVDs.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It was a club, but it wasn't the club… ;)

Even so, I can't believe they would forget something like that. Being off by six months on the release date of a film you haven't seen since you were a kid is one thing, but this! They built this industry, you'd think they'd take better care of its history seeing how much of it they made in the first place.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello

There was talk of Disney Video Club offering Laser Discs back in the mid-1990s, but it never happened.
Disney did release many of their classic titles on LD mainly I believe
through Image Home Entertainment. They did a better job of getting pre-1970 films on LD than they’ve done recently with those films on Blu-ray. Just about all of the films we want on BD came out on Laser Disc.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
First Time In The Club​
Go Wild With Planet Of The Apes Titles
SHOP NOW
World Gorilla Day Is 9/24/21​
Planet Of The Apes
Dawn Of The Planet of The Apes
Rise Of The Planet of The Apes
War For The Planet of The Apes
:drum: ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks