What's new

Disney MOD program begins - Disney Generations (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by battlebeast

And why Disney doesn't belive in OARs is baffling to me...doesn't it take MORE work to turn a film into a pan & scan version rather than just leaving it in it's OAR? and putting it on the DVD/Blu? What is the point of Full Screen/Pan & Scan? does anyone out there still prefer those formats???

They do believe in OARs but they would rather use off the shelf masters to save on the cost of making a new one.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Originally Posted by MatthewA
They do believe in OARs but they would rather use off the shelf masters to save on the cost of making a new one.

That makes perfect sense! Or, rather, it saves perfect cents! (Booooo)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I still don't have a copy of "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" because of the improper DVD release in 1.33:1 instead of the correct theatrical ratio of 1.75:1. And yes many of their 50's, 60's and 70's movies were released incorrectly so the mod program shouldn't be any surprise although dissapointing that they are still not correcting this.

milojthatch

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Schlierman
Our review for "The Waltz King" is up: http://openvaultdisney.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/the-waltz-king-review/

milojthatch

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Schlierman
Looks like the "Generations Collection" titles are starting to be sold now from the Disney Movie Club as was as from Amazon. http://openvaultdisney.wordpress.com/2012/01/14/breaking-news-first-4-generations-collection-titles-to-be-sold-via-the-dsiney-movie-club/

milojthatch

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Schlierman
Open Vault Disney is proud to announce the new additions: http://openvaultdisney.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/breaking-news-6-new-titles-to-be-added-to-the-generations-collection/ And least we forget, the first non-Generations Collection film on Disney DVD-on-Demand: http://openvaultdisney.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/breaking-news-1983-film-treanchcoat-to-be-released-via-disney-dvd-on-demand/

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Nothing from the 50s or 60s . That doesn't make sense to me at all . 70s ,80s and 90s are covered but nothing older ?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So everyone doesn't have to click to another site to get information ......

milojthatch

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Schlierman
borisfw said:
Nothing from the 50s or 60s . That doesn't make sense to me at all . 70s ,80s and 90s are covered but nothing older ?
Don't forget "The Waltz King" from the last wave was from the 60's, but yes, you are right, nothing this time. I was actually told that there would be something from the 50's/ 60's, and then it didn't happen. I'm not sure why that was, but will look into it. My hope is that we get more "Walt-era" titles, but need to stress that I, or more specifically, Open Vault Disney need help to make that happen. Gone are the days we can just sit back and wait for Disney or whoever to release the titles we want to see. If want these various titles, we have to campaign for them and prove to Disney their is enough of a following that it makes scene. I hope that anyone who is serious about seeing more "Walt-era" titles will help the efforts of Open Vault Disney. Otherwise, it's less likely you'll see it.
TonyD said:
So everyone doesn't have to click to another site to get information ......
I'm aware that can be annoying for some, and if I wasn't running a campaign to get unreleased Disney titles on DVD and only followed this forum, I'd probably take the time like I am now, to write out a longer post and include each title listed. Except if i wasn't running the campaign, I probably also wouldn't have these exclusive scoops for there releases either. I could mention how also it take a lot of time writing and then re-writing the same info over and over again (this is not the only forum I post these stories on mind you), and how it is far simpler to write it once and then post said link multiple times, but most probably wouldn't care about the time commitment I have to see that you and other Disney fans get the titles you want to see released on DVD. But I will tell you this, but clicking on the Open Vault Disney site to find out about the new titles released, odds are you will also read about the massive letter writing campaign event we have tomorrow or the other campaign information we have listed in our efforts to get more unreleased Disney titles on DVD. I can not stress enough the impact campaigning will have on future Generations Collection, Disney Movie Club Exclusive or general retail releases. For years now I have heard folks complaining about Disney Home Entertainment and how they don't release this title, or that they messed up that release. Friends, the time has come to stop complaining and start doing something about it. Help me help you. Join in our writing efforts. Make noise about titles you want on our Facebook page (Disney reps have been known to look at it and monitor it). But please, don't complain because I linked on this forum this breaking news to another web site to read the details. That other web site is working to get more titles released. More title that you want to see released! You know, I don't have to post new stories about Disney DVD-on-Demand titles yet to come here. I'm sure folks around here ultimately will figure out when new titles come out on your own. Granted, there is a good chance it might be from another source I that I'm connected too, but I'm sure the info could be found without Open Vault Disney. However, if you want to do more then just find out what the new release is and hope titles you want to see are part of it, if you want to do more then complain on the internet about how how ridicules Disney Home Entertainment is, then I urge you to do something about it. Join our effort and act for something positive for a change. Thanks.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Jason I appreciate the heads up but. I see that you are a new member to HTF. So that it doesn't look like youre just trying to send traffic to another site it would be terrific if you provided some of the information you are linking to and not just the link. Again thanks for the heads up its appreciated.

milojthatch

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Schlierman
"Ben and Me" has been added to the lineup: http://openvaultdisney.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/breaking-news-a-7th-title-added-to-the-new-generations-collection-release-today/

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by milojthatch

"Ben and Me" has been added to the lineup:
http://openvaultdisney.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/breaking-news-a-7th-title-added-to-the-new-generations-collection-release-today/

Wonder if it will be the original short or the modified one that's been released on VHS and DVD before?

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I'm with JoeDoakes; I can't find any reference online to BEN & ME being cut on home video. Does anyone have any more information on this?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
In the original short, it's pointed out at the end that due to his tremendous contributions to Franklin's life and works, Timothy Mouse's likeness is actually in the crook of Ben's hat in the statue of him in Philadelphia. That's been missing from every incarnation of the short I've seen for the last twenty or thirty years.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. I wonder why such a cut would be made? It doesn't seem to make much sense, as it's not like cutting a few seconds out of such a lengthy short subject would make much difference. I may write Leonard Maltin an email asking him about the cut. He may not respond, but he has several times in the past. I bet he'd know what's up.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Brian Kidd

Interesting. I wonder why such a cut would be made? It doesn't seem to make much sense, as it's not like cutting a few seconds out of such a lengthy short subject would make much difference. I may write Leonard Maltin an email asking him about the cut. He may not respond, but he has several times in the past. I bet he'd know what's up.

I'd certainly be interested to know the reason for its deletion for all these years.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Alas, since Mr. Maltin sold his blog to Indiewire, it looks like his contact information is no longer on his page. I wish I had kept his email address. I wrote to him a few times several years ago and always received a very nice reply to my questions. Update: I found one of his old replies, but it's several years old at this point. I doubt the email address is still active. Still, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Brian Kidd

Alas, since Mr. Maltin sold his blog to Indiewire, it looks like his contact information is no longer on his page. I wish I had kept his email address. I wrote to him a few times several years ago and always received a very nice reply to my questions.
Update: I found one of his old replies, but it's several years old at this point. I doubt the email address is still active. Still, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

You might be able to ask your questions through his Facebook page. It is very active and he takes comments and questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks