What's new

DISNEY LIVE ACTION BLU-RAY - WHAT'S HAPPENING?!? (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Remember when "Pollyanna" and the 2 original "Flubber" films were announced for GENERAL Blu-ray releases? Geez I hope not everything is now headed to the DMC. :(

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
David Norman said:
Pollyanna has been announced though another Disney Movie Club Exclusive like the Herbies, Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes, etc

No date yet, but it is on the DMC site.
Price 24.95
Item ID 1246650
Not on the website as of yet, however other forums are reporting that Pollyanna and Old Yeller will be the next pair of Club exclusives. This information is most likely coming from someone who has early access to the club mailers.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Do DMC issues usually make it to general release soon after? Australians aren't allowed to joiin DMC so general release is the only option for us, other than the possibility of Region B release.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
AnthonyClarke said:
Do DMC issues usually make it to general release soon after? Australians aren't allowed to joiin DMC so general release is the only option for us, other than the possibility of Region B release.

Not soon after (at least, not in the old days, but the new Blu-rays?) but the popular ones do--

Unlike the Warner Archive, titles are test-marketed to see whether they could sell at retail a year or two later--It's a lot easier to buy Story of Robin Hood, Treasure of Matecumbe or Donald in Mathmagic Land now than when they first hit the Club.

With Blu-rays, think the "test" window may be shrinking to one year or less, as they'd need to get popular titles on shelves to pay for the hi-def mastering, but as for which ones, need some extra hug-persuading that we still "remember" Pollyanna and Herbie.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Where do they actually sell these titles at retail in brick-and-mortar stores? I never see them anywhere, and the only DMC DVDs in my collection (So Dear to My Heart and A Mom For Christmas) I bought from Amazon.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
MatthewA said:
Where do they actually sell these titles at retail in brick-and-mortar stores? I never see them anywhere, and the only DMC DVDs in my collection (So Dear to My Heart and A Mom For Christmas) I bought from Amazon.

They rarely make it as far as B&M, but for the titles like Benji: the Hunted that DID make it out to retail (which we can assume Dear and Mom did not), they can also be found on Amazon. So it's hard to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks