What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
So, this is how dumb I am. I am considering buying a 1 year D23 membership at $99. That gets access to the 3 years for $140 D+ deal, saving $70. So essentially making D23's other benefits collectively 'value' at $30...

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
A new Muppet show. Not too shabby. Hopefully this will be better than the ill-fated ABC series a few years ago.

But no sign of The Legend of the Three Caballeros. Isn't that EVER going to turn up in the US or did it already on one of their cable networks?

Last edited:

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Another thing Disney also announced - their TV shows will come out weekly, not the all-at-once-so-you-can-binge-it format.

I don't like this at all and I'm so tired of all the services that do this. I thought we were suppose to be moving away from the traditional network mind set of weekly shows. Release it all and let me watch it at my own pace. The only reason they do this is to try and prevent people from subscribing for a short period of time and watching everything.

I know, I know, all the spoiler avoiding obsessed people love this model. Honestly, it's not hard to avoid spoilers. I'm 3 seasons behind on GOT and haven't been spoiled. I just avoid places that discuss that stuff, just takes a little self control. I know I'm going to lose this argument but, I don't care. I prefer the Netflix all at once model.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I was disappointed by that info too.

Btw with all these shows that are announced its going to take a decade for them all to air.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I don't like this at all and I'm so tired of all the services that do this. I thought we were suppose to be moving away from the traditional network mind set of weekly shows. Release it all and let me watch it at my own pace. The only reason they do this is to try and prevent people from subscribing for a short period of time and watching everything.

I know, I know, all the spoiler avoiding obsessed people love this model. Honestly, it's not hard to avoid spoilers. I'm 3 seasons behind on GOT and haven't been spoiled. I just avoid places that discuss that stuff, just takes a little self control. I know I'm going to lose this argument but, I don't care. I prefer the Netflix all at once model.
Well, you can always wait until the run finishes and then binge it.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
So, this is how dumb I am. I am considering buying a 1 year D23 membership at $99. That gets access to the 3 years for $140 D+ deal, saving $70. So essentially making D23's other benefits collectively 'value' at $30...

I'm not following the math here - if you buy a D23 membership for $99 then the 3 years for $140, you're paying a total of $239. That makes Disney+ $79/yr instead of the $69/yr they charge now...

Where is the $70 savings?

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
$99 membership gives you three years of the Disney+ service? How do I do this? I think I'm missing something; I don't know all the Disney jargon. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
How do I get three years of Disney+ streaming for $140? Is that a standard choice? Or does it require paying for D23 first?

I’d heard about the $70/yr annual sub. But haven’t heard about multi-year sub options.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks