What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Trying to confirm 4K availability on the service. Anyone have a direct link? Or are we just assuming?
I read or heard a portion of the presentation in which they confirmed 4K availability, but I'm not going to look for it as I got better things to do.;)

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Trying to confirm 4K availability on the service. Anyone have a direct link? Or are we just assuming?

It was confirmed in the Investors Day Presentation webcast.

I read or heard a portion of the presentation in which they confirmed 4K availability, but I'm not going to look for it as I got better things to do.;)

I said that earlier in another thread as well. I wasn't assuming anything, Tino, it was part of the presentation.

I found a transcript of the event for you...

03F25DA5-A9E8-4C9D-B22D-7318947F2BC3.jpeg

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The only question that remains for me is will they be available in Dolby Atmos? I'll guess we'll find out as we get closer to November 12th.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
You know something just occurred to me. Disney+ is probably the main reason that Disney has neglected to come to a resolution with iTunes over 4K content. When the streaming service launches there will most certainly be a Disney+ app on AppleTV which will allow 4K streaming of Disney titles. The bulk of Disney customers will move to Disney+ and they will probably never resolve the dispute to allow 4K content through iTunes.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You know something just occurred to me. Disney+ is probably the main reason that Disney has neglected to come to a resolution with iTunes over 4K content. When the streaming service launches there will most certainly be a Disney+ app on AppleTV which will allow 4K streaming of Disney titles. The bulk of Disney customers will move to Disney+ and they will probably never resolve the dispute to allow 4K content through iTunes.
It occurred to me which is why I'm not buying any Disney digital streams on iTunes as I fully expect to have those available on Disney+ to stream at the best video stream available.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I don't think that Disney+ is the primary reason that Apple and The Mouse have not resolved their issues. Disney is all about maximizing profits and controlling content, and Apple's policy on streaming content is in direct conflict with that. Disney's films are available for purchase in 4K on Vudu, whose app is already available on Apple TV. I am sure Disney would love to sell their content in 4K on iTunes, too, but just not under Apple's terms. It doesn't allow Disney to maximize their profits.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
The issue between Disney and Apple is that 1) Apple wanted to sell Disney 4K movies for $19.99 and Disney wanted $24.99 and 2) Apple wanted to give free 4K upgrades as it does now but Disney wanted no part in that.

It's also interesting to note that Disney CEO Bob Iger sits on Apple's Board of Directors.

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I don't think that Disney+ is the primary reason that Apple and The Mouse have not resolved their issues. Disney is all about maximizing profits and controlling content, and Apple's policy on streaming content is in direct conflict with that. Disney's films are available for purchase in 4K on Vudu, whose app is already available on Apple TV. I am sure Disney would love to sell their content in 4K on iTunes, too, but just not under Apple's terms. It doesn't allow Disney to maximize their profits.
What I was trying to say is that because of the launch of Disney+ there is much less of an incentive for the two companies to ever resolve the dispute.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Seriously badass!
https://launchpad.disney.com/

The Disney Launchpad: Shorts Incubator is a brand-new opportunity for up to six (6) directors from underrepresented backgrounds to present diverse perspectives, through the production of original, live-action shorts for proposed initial exhibition on the upcoming streaming service, Disney+.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks