What's new

DISNEY: Has listened to our request about release years (1 Viewer)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Anyone else notice that Disney have started labelling their covers with year of release?

Bottom right corner in a rectangular box "XXXX Release".

Much appreciated!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
About time. It's a minor thing, but it's always bugged the hell out of me, especially cause I could never understand it. Keeping the year off a dvd isn't going to keep it from entering the public domain when it's time is up :) (lobbying congress is what does that :frowning: )

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Does anyone here have an email address for Disney/Buena Vista/Touchstone etc.? I want them to start putting the trailer on the same disc as the main feature film. Anybody else wanna join my crusade?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I don't know. I never had a problem reaching for a copy of Maltin's guide to get the year of release of a Disney film. What Maltin (or anyone other than Disney) cannot do for me is provide movies in their proper OAR.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Keeping the year off a dvd isn't going to keep it from entering the public domain when it's time is up
Not just the DVD's, but every video format Disney ever released a movie on since the beginning of home video time.

Anyone know what the point of that really was? I seem to remember something about Disney always wanting their movies to be "timeless" - not having a "date" attached to it - or some such nonsense.

Joel

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I don't know. I never had a problem reaching for a copy of Maltin's guide to get the year of release of a Disney film.
Well, and I just hit a hotkey on my keyboard to head to the IMDB and do the same type of lookup. But how irritating is it that you have to do that, when you can just glance at the DVD box you already have at hand?

Thanks to Disney for doing this. As mentioned, OAR on all releases would be even cooler!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks