What's new

Disney Films (1 Viewer)

Colin A

Auditioning
My wife has vouchers to use at Disney store, but our children are too old and she sees nothing she wants. my question is are there any DVD's released by Disney of the calibre of Toy Story worth considering?

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Colin, have you seen Fantasia and Fantasia 2000? If you have and you like them, I recommend The Fantasia Anthology. It's an excellent release by Disney that includes a third disc with nothing but extras.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Toy Story are Disney's best in my opinion. Others could be...

- A Bug's Life

- Dinosaur

- The Emperor's New Groove

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I couldn't tell by your post....

but IMO Toy Story 2 took TS to a new level. If you do not own the Ultimate Toy Box (a 3-disc set with lots of supplemental material), that would be a great thing.

The Disney catalog is a pretty subjective thing...like my movie selections. Unlike Neil, I would steer you away from both TENG and Dinosaur (although Dinosaur was visually impressive). But, they both lack Walt's ultimate vision of a good story, well told. Pixar seems to understand that vision better lately than the Disney studios itself. To me, Dinosaur, TENG, and Atlantis have all benn major disappointments.

You might try the Snow White Ultimate Edition that was released this year. The restoration is incredible.

However, back to your original question, I would rate Mulan VERY highly for both animation, wonderful sound and video, great songs by Wilder & Zippel, great score by Goldsmith and...oh yeah...a great story, well told. A very high quality product along the lines of the Toy Story movies.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
However, back to your original question, I would rate Mulan VERY highly for both animation, wonderful sound and video, great songs by Wilder & Zippel, great score by Goldsmith and...oh yeah...a great story, well told. A very high quality product along the lines of the Toy Story movies.
I'll agree with that. A friend recommended Mulan to me...so passionately that I gave it a try on VHS. I now own the DVD in the first Animated Anthology box set Disney put out. It's a fabulous disc. I wasn't disappointed, and you won't be either!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks