What's new

Disney Films on Blu Ray ? (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
So now we have to get a remake/reboot/rehash of something before we get a Blu-ray of the originals?

EDIT: If that's the case, the original Escape to Witch Mountain and its sequel should have been out by now.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Disney missed the 40th Anniversary back in 2011 for Bedknobs And Broomsticks, so I'm hoping they get a blu-ray release before Angela Lansbury passes away. 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea will look great in blu-ray, can't wait to see the giant squid and attack in 1080p or whatever the new format is these days. Freaky Friday the 1976 original is title I'd also love to see on blu-ray as well.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
My own hope is for a few of the Live Action films. To be specific:
THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST and SWORD AND THE ROSE have never been released in ANY format, as far as I can tell. Both are fondly remembered. And TALL TALE, which is a true delight, is only available in pan-and-scan.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but after all this time they're starting to get a little bit cramped ...

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
PODER said:
My own hope is for a few of the Live Action films. To be specific:
THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST and SWORD AND THE ROSE have never been released in ANY format, as far as I can tell. Both are fondly remembered. And TALL TALE, which is a true delight, is only available in pan-and-scan.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but after all this time they're starting to get a little bit cramped ...
Back in the day, I bought Laserdiscs of The Light in the Forest and The Sword and the Rose. Additionally The Sword and the Rose is available on DVD as a Disney Movie Club exclusive.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I haven't seen The Light in the Forest since I read the original book, which is even better than the film, for 8th grade English class. I wouldn't mind seeing it again to see if it has improved with age.

Another one I'd like to see released is Swiss Family Robinson.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Mark-P said:
Just read over at The Digital Bits that 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is already restored and prepped but they are holding back a Blu-ray release until the remake directed by David Fincher comes out, but that project is now on hold. I
Oh, what, it's back to "On hold" now? I thought it was DEAD!

(Y'know, after FIncher let it slide, they gave it to their Tron Legacy guy, he ended up wanting to do Black Hole instead, and then he never eventually did that...)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
PODER said:
My own hope is for a few of the Live Action films. To be specific: THE LIGHT IN THE FOREST and SWORD AND THE ROSE have never been released in ANY format, as far as I can tell. Both are fondly remembered. And TALL TALE, which is a true delight, is only available in pan-and-scan.I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but after all this time they're starting to get a little bit cramped ...
The Sword and the Rose was released on VHS back in the 90s, at the same time as some other UK productions. I remember renting it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, a friend of mine who's a member of the DIsney Movie Club bought me copies of The Sword and the Rose, the live action Robin Hood, and So Dear to My Heart on DVD. I don't know if they are still available to the Club members, but they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks