What's new

3D Disney Does it again...No 3D Bluray announced for "Maleficent." (1 Viewer)

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
Mai Lyn: What did you search for on DDDHouse to find two Maleficents? My searches are returned with no results.

Mai Lyn

Auditioning
Stephen_J_H said:
A North American or Japanese one, yes.
Thanks so much! I'm pre-ordering it right now.
ABaglivi said:
Mai Lyn: What did you search for on DDDHouse to find two Maleficents? My searches are returned with no results.
So sorry! I found two on kimchidvd here

I think 4D is the seats moving, air blowing from the seats when movement happens in the movie and effects like that. I saw Maleficent like that at the theater here. :)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mai Lyn said:
I think 4D is the seats moving, air blowing from the seats when movement happens in the movie and effects like that. I saw Maleficent like that at the theater here. :)
We can all replicate that, put a hole in your roof during the winter storm season and watch Twister, 4D in your own home. :D

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Now available in stock.
The Australian 3D version.

mal3d.jpg

There was some discussion here earlier about the 3D production and presentation.
Here is the credit I came across.
Live Action= Converted 3D.
CGI= Native 3D.

Doug.

rdd1

Auditioning
Real Name
Derrick
It's sad that Maleficent and Frozen weren't offered to the US in 3D. If I look at it from fininacial point of view, I saved/will save about $60-75 by not buying them and just renting them from Redbox for $4 for both. I guess if enough people would just rent them instead of buying them because they aren't in 3D, maybe Disney would get the message.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
rdd1 said:
It's sad that Maleficent and Frozen weren't offered to the US in 3D. If I look at it from fininacial point of view, I saved/will save about $60-75 by not buying them and just renting them from Redbox for $4 for both. I guess if enough people would just rent them instead of buying them because they aren't in 3D, maybe Disney would get the message.
Yes...we win by not buying the over priced Blu-ray 3D version. But I'm sure they feel they are the real winners by saving a few buck of the 3D home release. Disney has already got the message and the message is there aren't enough people in the US buying 3D blu-rays to make it worth their while, case closed.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
The 3D version on Amazon UK is region free and it can be pre-ordered right now for $29 delivered to the U.S. That's certainly not out of line for a Disney 3D combo pack.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
pitchman said:
The 3D version on Amazon UK is region free and it can be pre-ordered right now for $29 delivered to the U.S. That's certainly not out of line for a Disney 3D combo pack.
I was going to challenge you on how you knew that, but I went to Amazon UK and see that they have now added [Region Free] to the title line. They wouldn't do that unless it was confirmed. So I guess like Frozen, importing is the way to go!

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Mark-P said:
I was going to challenge you on how you knew that, but I went to Amazon UK and see that they have now added [Region Free] to the title line. They wouldn't do that unless it was confirmed. So I guess like Frozen, importing is the way to go!
No harm, no foul, Mark. Even though AmazonUK is now listing it as region free, I still wasn't convinced until I saw a picture of the back of the case on another site and you can clearly read the 'A' 'B' 'C' designation for region coding on it.

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
SFMike said:
Disney has already got the message and the message is there aren't enough people in the US buying 3D blu-rays to make it worth their while, case closed.
You don't know that...you're making an assumption. From what little we can ascertain, many 3D titles sell well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks