What's new

Disney Club Interesting statement ---- does it mean???? (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
We can't even get them to release these films or their 70's films on Disney+ and the strange thing is their are many of these films that already have HD masters available for digital purchase and that have been shown in HD on TCM. I thought they would have at least added all those films in the 1st year after launch. Its been almost 17 months and they have only added scraps.
Got the disc yesterday! The scenes featuring the the narrator are pixelated - NOW do not yell at me because we are waiting to move and things are boxed up so right now blu ray machine is not hooked up to a HD TV but my old reliable JVC monitor hope this is the reason this happened. I think though when I last saw the film in the theater the same thing happened. Interestingly some shots are in the film that have the female half horse creatures showing their breasts have to see if any other uncensored shots are in the film!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Disney's The Best of Mickey: Fantasia, Fantasia 2000, and Celebrating Mickey BD+DVD (3 Movie) -- DMC Exclusive releases Tuesday 4/20/2021.

It's not a direct port of the 2010 release, but seems to be a mixture of the 70thAnniversary BD and 60th Anniversary DVD Legacy Disc. I think a lot of those Legacy Features were part of teh BD-Live extras in 2010 -- people said those features were actually on the disc, but essentially inaccessible after BDLive shut down and I don't have the computer know-how to figure it out. Fantasia still appears to be mainly the 125 min 60/70th Anniversary release or at least I didn't find any new edits -- Deems Taylor is dubbed and Sunflower is missing. I didn't notice any pixelation on that narrator but I was listening to that part more than watching as I was scanning through the disc looking for the usual suspects..

Mine came today -- haven't had a chance to go very much, but no Sunflower and no Deems Taylor. This appears to be pretty much the same disc as teh 2010 release. It does have Digital and DMI Points -- 3 separate codes. Digital Codes aren't active yet so i can't say what extras (or additional extras) are included there. I'm not seeing any Itunes logos so my guess is it's not going to be redeemable directly for those hoping for a longshot of a 4K release someday.

Audio tracks
English 7.1 DTS-HD MA
Eng 2.0 Descr Audio
French 5.1 DD
Espanol 5.1 DD
Audio Commentary by Disney Historian Brian Sibly
Walt Disney Interviess and Story Note Recreations. hosted by John Canemaker

Subs
Eng for Hearing Impaired
French
Spanish

Extras
The Schultheis Notebook: A Disney Treasure Reveals Movies Secrets
1940 Trailer
1990 50th Anniversary Trailer

Most of the Segments from the DVD 60th Anniversary Legacy disc were added back to the disc.
Each segment has their separate extra with Concept Art, story reels, Deleted or Unfinished Animation

The Fantasia that Never Was

It does not have the short Disney Museum Introduction, it doesn't seem to have the interactive Art Galley, nor the Audio Commentary with Roy Disney, James Levine, Scott McQueen and John Canemaker that was on the DVD and 2010 Bluray. The MAKING OF feature from the 2000 DVD set also appears to be missing.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
So then WHY the "Content Advisory" notice on the back cover? (negative depictions or mistreatment of people
or cultures)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anyone else having trouble getting the “Celebrating Mickey” code to redeem?

Mine wouldn't when I tried over the weekend and again on Tuesday after release. I had the Digital already from the standalone, but the new item I can't get the DMI pts to redeem.
This is the message I get. It wasn't totally surprising pre-release and I've had a couple codes that took a day or two after release to activate so I was going to give it until next week before contacting DMI, but if you want to contact DMI and ask them about it it might help push them a bit.

"Error​

Something happened while processing your code please try again later"

Actually when I check the code on MA (while signed out) or RedeemDigitalMovie the code appears to recognize the code as active and it's just the DMI part that isn't working for me.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
it's just the DMI part that isn't working for me.

As stupid as this sounds, I would suggest logging out of DMI and then logging back in. I had a similar issue with my code for Toy Story 4 back when that came out. The digital copy redeemed fine, so I knew the code was accurate and active, but the points wouldn't work. The DMI support person suggested signing out, signing in again and then re-entering it. I thought to myself, "That's ridiculous" but did it anyway and it worked.

Chewbabka

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe
Same issue. I emailed them with the code and told them the error message, and they manually gave me the points.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
As stupid as this sounds, I would suggest logging out of DMI and then logging back in. I had a similar issue with my code for Toy Story 4 back when that came out. The digital copy redeemed fine, so I knew the code was accurate and active, but the points wouldn't work. The DMI support person suggested signing out, signing in again and then re-entering it. I thought to myself, "That's ridiculous" but did it anyway and it worked.

I think I tried that, but will repeat it. I'm sure more than a few people will report this to DMI eventually. I'll give it a bit of time to fix itself. I'd contact DMI, but I've had to do that a bit too often lately for other issues related to damaged rewards so I'd prefer to keep minor issues a bit down for now.

EDIT: I tried signing out/in and even tried a different browser (Chrome incognito) - same error message
I did have an odd occurrence using Incognito -- as soon as I signed in I got a popup saying Happy Birthday and gave me 25 points AND 15 pts for Anniversary reward. Fine and dandy except it was neither of those things since I got those back in teh Fall in my registered DOB month. Not going to argue about 40 free points I guess

Last edited:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
At least Black Cauldron fans are getting what they want, sort of: a better-than-nothing barebones theatrical cut-only disc release that's at least OAR and hopefully will have lossless sound. The 70mm prints were 6-track Dolby so anything less than 5.1 channels is a copout.

Consider that its first DVD wasn't even anamorphic and that they didn't even give it a US theatrical reissue before its video premiere 13 years after its debut. They really have a hate-on for this movie that's way out of proportion to its flaws. Was it really worse than the worst post-1985 animated features? Or any of some of the truly dismal live-action films I saw from them in the 1990s and 2000s? Why Disney still feels invested in maintaining its reputation as a film maudit is beyond me.

Considering the USC Annenberg Norman Lear Center is on that advisory panel, that's rich. Pretty much every Embassy acquisition that's streaming on Canada's CTV right now has a warning label similar to what D+ has except for the show that actually deserves it.

Last edited:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
At least Black Cauldron fans are getting what they want, sort of: a better-than-nothing barebones theatrical cut-only disc release that's at least OAR and hopefully will have lossless sound. The 70mm prints were 6-track Dolby so anything less than 5.1 channels is a copout.

Consider that its first DVD wasn't even anamorphic and that they didn't even give it a US theatrical reissue before its video premiere 13 years after its debut. They really have a hate-on for this movie that's way out of proportion to its flaws. Was it really worse than the worst post-1985 animated features? Or any of some of the truly dismal live-action films I saw from them in the 1990s and 2000s?

The Black Cauldron was a interesting experiment that Disney did with testing the waters outside of their usual G rating fair. Story-wise this film isn't great, but I can see why fans of it do enjoy it so. The Animation looks great, especially The Horned King, he could easily give Fantasia's Chernabog a run for his money any day.

Those that took over after Eisner left in the early 2010's have made sure of what they want the public to know and see of Disney's vast library. Such as making the public only aware of 11 animated films that they themselves deem as "the classics".

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The reason that was the first PG-rated animation feature instead of The Fox and the Hound, which was thought of as the more "old school" feature but ended up outgrossing it, was because that was already in production before Tom Wilhite lifted the G-only restriction. He wasn't even still there when Cauldron was finished!

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
The reason that was the first PG-rated animation feature instead of The Fox and the Hound, which was thought of as the more "old school" feature but ended up outgrossing it, was because that was already in production before Tom Wilhite lifted the G-only restriction. He wasn't even still there when Cauldron was finished!

This movie should of been PG-13 and not PG, as it has quite a few moments in it that can be considered as too scary. The Fox and The Found was old school because it could have been easily made and release during Disney's golden years (1937-1977). The Fox And The Hound was also the last film that Disney's original animation team worked on.

Chewbabka

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe
This movie should of been PG-13 and not PG, as it has quite a few moments in it that can be considered as too scary.
“This movie has been rated PG-13 for being scary by the MPAA” lol

I probably wore this tape out as a little kid and it never left me lying awake at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks