Disney- Buena Vista - MiraMax; : Please fill these holes in my DVD library!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Benn, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Benn

Benn Stunt Coordinator

I can’t tell you strongly enough how much I long to own the following movies.
    ROSENCRANTZ & GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD (1990) with its marvelous performances by Tim Roth and Gary Oldman.
    SHALL WE DANCE? (1996) starring Koji Yakusyo, Tamiyo Kusakari, Naoto Takenka and Eriko Watanabe. It makes you want to know what your co-workers are up to after hours.
    Please get right on these. My VHS versions are losin’ it.

2. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

BUENA VISTA

An ANAMORPHIC SPECIAL EDITION of CRIMSON TIDE!

3. Bill Burns

Bill Burns Supporting Actor

Now that a direct-to-video sequel has been released in 1.66:1 16x9 formatted widescreen, I think this might be a great time to mention the hilarious George of the Jungle feature film, still available (on DVD) in "full screen" only. A 1.85:1 16x9 formatted re-release, perhaps with new interviews with the cast and/or a commentary, would earn a very quick purchase from me. In the meantime, I continue to enjoy the laserdisc release, which is presented in widescreen, though of course 4x3 formatted.

I'd also eagerly buy a 1.85:1 (or, if the animation mechanism supports it without cropping, 1.66:1) 16x9 formatted edition of A Goofy Movie. I believe the direct-to-video sequel to this picture is also presented, just as with George of the Jungle's sequel, in 1.66:1 16x9 formatted widescreen; I hope Disney soon revisits the original theatrical feature.

Another hope is for the 'Scope film The Black Cauldron, available in 4x3 formatted widescreen on disc; revisiting this as a 16x9 formatted ("anamorphic") release would claim my purchasing dollar in short order. [​IMG]

Finally, if previously edited or otherwise altered pieces of classic animation on disc were revisited (Fantasia, Make Mine Music, and one or two others), these would make very welcome additions to the DVD shelves of collectors who would value editions whose content has not been altered from its state during the picture's original theatrical release. If a disclaimer or other "historical framework" warning is deemed necessary to "protect" unaware family buyers, that would be fine, but leaving these films on the market in edited/altered versions alone is a purchasing deal-breaker for many collectors, myself included. [​IMG]

4. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    I second the motion for SHALL WE DANCE? (1996-Japanese). And how's about restoring it to its full length, like you finally got around to doing with CINEMA PARADISO, hmmm? Thank you for your time and attention.

5. Bob Engleman

Bob Engleman Stunt Coordinator

Put me down as a purchaser of the following titles:

1. El Cid
    2. Fall of the Roman Empire, The

Bob Engleman

6. Benjamin.D

Benjamin.D Stunt Coordinator

A 2-disc reissue of "Quiz Show" would be great!! A decked-out version with 16x9 enhancement, DD and DTS 5.1, commentary, trailer, documentary, and if available the originial episode of "Twenty-One" where Herb Stempel takes the fall.

Thanks,
    Ben

7. Tim_Prasuhn

Tim_Prasuhn Stunt Coordinator

give me a 16:9 DVD of Rocketman, the Harland Williams comedy, and I'll be a happy man. AND give ALL the Earnest movies 16:9 transfers if they dont have them!