What's new

Disney Blu-ray Survey (1 Viewer)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Think about it: most Disney movies are in heavy rotation in car installs/portables with car kits. The one thing that makes this a no-brainer for car installs is the hard coating of BDs and their increased durability as a result.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member

Increased durability is one thing, but do you really think a BR disc would survive the abuse that a 6 year old could dish out on a car trip? I think not.

I would not want to expose my precious BR library to that level of risk.

What they really ought to do is either package a SD disc along with the BR (like they did with Sleeping Beauty), or update the digital copy concept to allow the user to burn a SD copy for portable use.

I personally have no desire or need for a BR player in my car.

Brian

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The idea of watching a hidef movie on a 9 inch car screen sounds utterly silly. For WHAT?

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The point isn't PQ for blu-ray in a vehicle, it's about convenience. If a consumer has moved to blu-ray, they can't play any of their new purchases in their vehicle. Most people won't want to buy an SD DVD just to play in their car when they already paid for a copy on blu-ray. If you had a blu-ray player in your car, you could play all of your discs.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
To only require one disc in the package and not expose what are likely their most valuable properties, on Disney's part; potentially exploiting a new market on the hardware manufacturer's part. It wouldn't be getting the most performance out of the data, but there's no need to purchase or manufacture a second, lesser version if the HD version can be used.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks