What's new

Disney announces New Catalog Titles & Animation SEs (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
A number of new titles have been announced by Buena Vista Home Video.

Look for Miramax catalog titles making their DVD debuts on January 6th 2004 to include Ciao Professore!, Get Bruce!, MicroCosmos (finally!), Moondance, Revenge Of The Musketeers, Ridicule, Sonatine, and Talk Of Angels.

Due on January 13th are The Innocent, The Lovers On The Bridge, Strawberry & Chocolate, and the great Isaac Mizrahi documentary Unzipped.

On the animation front, January 27th brings new Disney "Masterpiece Editions" of Alice in Wonderland and Pocahontas.

And finally, look for these "Disappearing Classics" to go into moratorium on December 30th: 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure, Fantasia, Fantasia 2000, The Jungle Book 2, Lady And The Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure, and the new Sleeping Beauty.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
And finally, look for these "Disappearing Classics" to go into moratorium on December 30th:
Hmm, should I then pick up the Fantasia 3-disc set, even though it's "censored"? I know they announced Fantasia to be part of the Platinum line, but I wonder what will happen with Fantasia 2000 and the extras disc...

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Paul, don't hesitate to pick up the FANTASIA ANTHOLOGY set. Despite the tinkering (Deems Taylor's narration) and the censored bits, it stands as one of the absolute crown jewels of my collection. Lovingly put together and loaded with supplements, it's truly incredible. Go! Buy it now! :D

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Great news on Microcosmos and Ridicule!
i've always wanted to see Micro and Ridicule was an amazing film. definitely be picking that one up (unless they botch it).

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Well it'll probably like the 'Walt Disney's Masterpiece Edition" VHS that were released for a period, Pinochhio and Fantasia were some of the first and eventually most all the animated classics were released under that banner (rather than the old Walt Disney Classics banner).

at least packaging wise it may be like that. I suppose Disney pulled a FOX and decided that having unique, high-quality, and collectible name brand lines doesn't matter as much as changing the names of the brand lines every year. So we go from Gold Collection to Platinum Collection, to Special Edition, to Masterpiece Edition, or Vault Disney to Special Edition and so on and so forth. The only line lately that hasn't gone through a dozen name and packaging changes is the Disney Treasures releases.

Adam

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
When the hell did these crappy animated sequels become classics?

I can understand Fantasia, Fantasia 2000, and Sleeping Beauty bearing that moniker, but Patch's London Adventure? Give me a break!

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Great news, especially about MICROCOSMOS and ALICE IN WONDERLAND.

Hopefully, my most-wanted Miramax title, SHALL WE DANCE? (1996-Japanese), might stand a chance at being released on R1 DVD sometime in 2004, too.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
that will mean that some other dvds will be left over as I will get the Fantasy Anthology at last.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks