What's new

Disney announce two volumes of "Walt Disney's Fables" for Easter. (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
(from r2-dvd.org)

Walt Disney's Fables
Disney have announced two volumes of fables available from the 7th of April.

Volume 1

In "The Prince and the Pauper", Mickey, Goofy, Donald and friends tell the immortal tale of the Mark Twain classic. Bored of his lessons and longing for the freedom he sees beyond the walls of the castle the prince is pleasantly surprised when a scruffy pauper accidentally turns up in his royal quarters. Amazed to find they look exactly alike, the prince and the pauper swap places to mousequerade as each other. Hilarious and poignant escapades ensue culminating in a fun-filled finale at the Grand Coronation when the prince and the pauper must convince the evil guards to return the rightful heir to the throne. Starring Mickey in the dual role of the Prince and the Pauper get set for a roller coaster of excitement and heart-warming friendship.

In The Legend of Sleepy Hollow we meet schoolteacher Icahbod Crane, a spindly dreamer who imagines sweeping the lovely Katrina off her feet. Unfortunately, town bully Brom Bones has other plans for Ichabod which lead him to The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and the fable of the Headless Horseman. Hair-raising and uplifting, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow has a heart-thumping climax that the family will love.

Product Information: Volume 1

The Prince and the Pauper
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
DVD Extras:
Volume 1 Mickeys Castle treasure game
Volume 2

Volume 2 includes a charming collection of Disney classics

In the Academy Award winning retelling of Hans Christian Andersons fairytale The Ugly Duckling, we follow a baby duckling whose looks mean hes turned away by his family. Lonely and dejected in a harsh winter climate the duckling travels far and wide in search of a friendly face. The ducklings dreams are realised when a mother swan finally sees him for what he truly is and a beautiful creature emerges.

Little Hiawatha is a young hunter unsuccessful in his attempts to hunt like his elders. Befriended by a bunny he discovers a newfound friendship that saves him from a huge grizzly bear. Farmyard Chorus sees a group of farm creatures including a rooster, lamb and pigs join together to make beautiful music together. In Wynken, Blynken and Nod we meet three babies who journey to the moon in a wooden shoe to go star fishing. Merbabies is the delightful fantasy story of ocean waves that transform into sea cherubs and their adventures on the ocean floor. The Old Mill is another Academy Award winning classic featuring a host of country creatures and their adventures in a deserted windmill one stormy night.

Bring the magic of storytelling into your home this Easter with Walt Disneys Fables Volumes 1 & 2 out to own on Video and Disney DVD from 7 April 2003

Product Information: Volume 2

The Ugly Duckling
Little Hiawatha
Wynken, Blynken and Nod
Merbabies
The Old Mill
DVD Extras: Volume 2
Donalds Castle treasure game
__________________________________________________ _________
Let's hope they come on Reg 1 just as quick.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
perhaps you should have mentioned this is for r2 but nonetheless this is fantastic news indeed

:D

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
There is actually a lot of material there that is already on other DVDs (WDT Silly Symphonies and "Ichabod and Mr. Toad"). I believe WDT were region 1 only, so it will be good for at least some of the classic shorts to be more readily available to other regions. But if this comes to R1 I'll pass due to the high duplicate content.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Johhny see this thread for Prince and the Pauper and as others have mentioned, you'd be better trying to get a Treasures Tin for Silly Symphony shorts - keep looking some are still available from Amazon every once in a while.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I have EVERY animated Disney Reg 1 DVD which includes all the tins and forgive me if I'm wrong but as far as I know the Prince & the Pauper and the main features from vol 2 have not been released in on Reg 1 yet.

I don't have a reg 2 player & don't intend getting one so that's not an option.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Johnny the Walt Disney Fables releases won't be any good to you then, as they are only for R2/R4 release. They will not be coming out in America.

However all of the content of the second volume is available on R1 discs:

The Ugly Duckling
Wynken, Blynken and Nod
The Old Mill

These are avaialble on the Silly Symphonies Treasures Set

Merbabies

This is available on the R1 Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea DVD

Little Hiawatha

This is available on the R1 Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World DVD.

As mentioned on the thread I linked to, The Prince and The Pauper (which contains the whole cartoon, titles and credits) is avaialble in other regions on the Countdown to Christmas DVD. If you are worried about your player not playing PAL discs, it is avaialble in Japan (NTSC Region 2) (Apparently it is to be released in 2003) - if you have a player that cannot play non-R1 discs I also understand that Countdown to Christmas is available in Mexico and this is coded for R1.

Don't even ask where you can order it from though, as I have no idea. :)

Edited to correct Japanese Information.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Johnny, I've found this Countdown to Christmas on the Disney Brazil site.

So the disc will be encoded for R4 (is Brazil NTSC?) however, I think some people have commented that some Disney discs are duel encoded for R1 and R1 (all very vague I know, but it's the best I can do).

I will have to open this up to the rest of the forum. Does anybody know Disney's encoding policy for their animated movies?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks