1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney and Toy Story 2?????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eddie Sanchez, Dec 25, 2001.

1. Eddie Sanchez

A friend of mine at work pointed it out to me to check out Toy Story 2. I have a 3 year old who loves Buzz Lightyear..and watches Toy Story 1 and 2 when ever he get a chance. Well my co-worker told about the part where the Dinosaur is searching the TV for the comercial about AL's Toy Barn...and they are flipping through the channels then the pig starts to change the channles if you pause it and go frame by frame you are able to see a girl with big breast first then a clown with an evil look shooting the finger. What kind of things does Disney put in their videos???? I was really shocked...the real time it's really fast and you can't really tell their there. Maybe a little humor from the animators but still in a great flick for children that should be there. Even if its really fast and you can't even tell......THANKS...

2. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

Your co-worker is wrong. I've personally watched the scene in slow-motion and the only thing you'll find on the TV is a bunch of clips of Pixar shorts.

3. Eddie Sanchez

No I saw them myself. You have to go frame by frame in order to see them. They are there....anyone else tried to see them??????

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

5. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

After actually seeing the pictures, I do recall seeing them on the DVD when I went through in slo-mo, although I didn't give them any thought. I personally don't find the girl offensive and I don't think anyone should, and the clown's middle finger is clearly not extended. He has three fingers and a thumb, and if you look closely at the clown's nose you can see that the middle finger ends at approximately the same length as the other fingers.

6. Eddie Sanchez

yeah does are it...well I'm not saying they are really bad cause you can't really see them since they are going so fast in real time unless you frame by frame. But why would Pixar want to put something like that on a kid movie??? Thats all I'm getting at. And yes I still let my kid watch Toy Story cause we all love does movies.

7. Stephen Teffner

Actually the clip of the lady sitting there with the big breastesses is from a short called Knick Knack. It's pretty funny if you ask me. She is in a bikini. The clip is about a snowman trapped in a globe and he sees this party outside on another shelf. The girl gestures to him to come over and he spends the rest of the clip trying to get out of the globe. You can find it online with some of the Kazaa engines. Just do a search for Pixar.

Stephen Teffner

8. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Actually you can download the shorts from Pixar's very own site - www.pixar.com . When seen in the context of the short films, you'll see this is kind of a silly thing to complain about, since the clown is juggling and not flipping the bird, and the woman is from Knickknack (and not just as a subliminal thing). Pixar's films can be edgy, but they always remain family-oriented, and viewing the short films would show you how all of them are pretty much kid-safe.

9. Irens Cruz

Irens Cruz Stunt Coordinator

Hey LukeB

How can I download the shorts from the Pixar site ? I can watch them on the website but I didn't find any option to download them.

Thanks for any tip.

Jr.

10. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Hey, you can save the full-length Pixar shorts with a Download Manager such as Download Accelerator Plus or NetVampire if you just copy and paste the address of the actual QuickTime MOV file. The URLs are in this format:
    http://www.pixar.com/theater/shorts/...ime/gg_320.mov
    http://www.pixar.com/theater/shorts/...ime/rd_320.mov
    http://www.pixar.com/theater/shorts/...me/ftb_320.mov
    http://www.pixar.com/theater/shorts/...me/awb_320.mov
    http://www.pixar.com/theater/shorts/...me/ljr_320.mov
    http://www.pixar.com/theater/shorts/...ime/kk_320.mov
    http://www.pixar.com/theater/shorts/...ime/tt_320.mov
    Copy and paste those URLs into Download Accelerator Plus and you can save them to your harddrive permanently. Hope that helps.

11. Ryan Spaight

Ryan Spaight Supporting Actor

Or just right-click on the links in the post above and select "Save Target As" (IE) or "Save Link As" (NS).

Ryan

12. Bill Buklis

Bill Buklis Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Bill Buklis
    As far as I know, the only "confirmed" sabotage for a film was in The Rescuers. Some employee (either trying to be funny or to get back at Disney) inserted a couple of frames containing nude photographs of women into the movie. You can't see them at normal speed. It wasn't until advances in home video allowed frame by frame viewing that this was discovered. I'm sure Disney was quite peeved. You can find pictures of these film frames around the net. Needlessly to say when The Rescuers is finally released on DVD it won't contain these frames.

There are other accounts of supposed sabotage or frame inserts, but these are all debatable. They might be merely people seeing things or trying to make sense of something that isn't really there. Or maybe it's exactly what some think it is. Who knows.

13. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

14. Damien Montanile

Damien Montanile Stunt Coordinator

I seem to remember this discussion creeping up more than once (in terms of Disney's "Darker" side).
    Sometimes (and Im not pointing fingers but making a general statement....this is not directed at anyone in this thread) I think people are reaching for something to complain about. Like they actually go out of their way to find something that will stir controversy.
    PROTECT THE EASILY OFFENDED....BAN EVERYTHING! [​IMG]
    -Damien

15. WoodyH

WoodyH Stunt Coordinator