What's new

Disney 4/23 Family Titles Details (1 Viewer)

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Considering Disney's now random policy on letterboxing vs P&S on their family titles, I've been waiting to hear confirmation on the latest batch (4/23) of family titles. I'm disappointed that the main movie I was interested in is the lone title in P&S :frowning:
From examing the back covers on a retailers website, I can now confirm the following. I'm guessing 16:9 on Angels in the Outfield, though the back only specifies widescreen:
Iron Will: 16:9 & 2.0 surround
Homeward Bound II: 16:9 & 5.1
White Fang: Pan & Scan & 2.0
White Fang 2: 16:9 & 5.1
Turner & Hooch: 16:9 & 2.0
Angels in the Outfield: widescreen (16:9?) & 2.0

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
This topic was actually covered over in my Weekly Roundup! :D
We are pretty certain over there that AitO is NOT anamorphic. All the other boxes specify the enhancement, but AitO leaves it off.
Check it out.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I wonder how many of the flood of titles Disney will be releasing in the coming months will be MAR or non-anamorphic widescreen. It seems they are likely choosing quantity over quality on these.
Here's the list of "Movie Showcase" titles from their press release.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
DVDFile seems to have confirmed that at least the "Muppet" titles will be full screen. Shame, since they would have been at the top of my list to purchase. :frowning:

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
DVDFile seems to have confirmed that at least the "Muppet" titles will be full screen. Shame, since they would have been at the top of my list to purchase.
I've said it before that there is simply no way to confirm that Muppet Christmas Carol will be "fullscreen" since the disc hasn't even reached production yet. Hopefully if enough people complain about White Fang and the May 21 & June 4 outrages, we will get OAR on MCC.

The May 21st and June 4th titles irritate me and show that there is no method to their madness.

Jae E

Agent
PerryD,
Thanks for the "heads up" on White Fang. I had planned to purchase that one until I read your post on it being pan & scan only...and I informed Disney of my feelings as well.:angry:

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
dammit! I was going to buy White Fang (which I like better than Iron Will) I can't believe it's the only title out of tomorrow's batch that is pan and scan! if any title is kid oriented it's homeward bound II (which gets 16:9 and 5.1 none the less!) grrr.... now I'm not even going to buy Iron Will, and I'm leary to place that order for about fifteen titles from the september third date... damn!
:frowning:
At the very least a little education on what those darn black bars could help, even if they don't want it and the customer is always right, at least it would relieve a lot of the ignorance.
I'm calling disney tomorrow to complain I'll be sure to tell them they've potentially lost about 150$ revenue from me for this movie showcase series
ADam

Cynthia

Stunt Coordinator
It'd be great it White Fang 2 outsold White Fang. I've never seen either, but might pick up the sequel.
I'll definitely be getting Homeward Bound II and Angels in the Outfield (pissed that it's non-anamorphic :angry: ).

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I e-mailed Disney about the aspect ratio of Angels in the Outfield. The reply indicated that it would be 1.85:1 anamorphic. Of course, I haven't seen the disc yet, so I can't verify this.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
As indicated on my site at least three weeks ago, Angels in the Outfield is non-anamorphic widescreen.

You'd think that Disney would be a more reliable source for info on Disney DVDs. You'd think...

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Have you actually seen the disc to verify this? I only ask because I was specifically told that it would be anamorphic.
The disc is non-anamorphic widescreen and I know this first-hand. I'm not just speculating. Trust me.

It sucks, but at least it's OAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks