What's new

Disney 2 for £14.99 or two Disney 3D for £17.99 Sale AmazonUK and/or Zavvi (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
AmazonUk has their Disney sales up again From 05 Mar. 2018 to 15 Apr. 2018. It seems they run these sales 2-3 times per year.

Remember that VAT isn't removed at Amazon in these "two-for" sales. General Amazon UK to US -- £3.08 for the first item, then £0.99 ea added item. Current exchange rate is around 1.38USD/£ ($1.45USD/GBP using Amazon converter). As of Monday Morning Amazon seems to only be allowing a single pair of items to discount so Zavvi may be a much better deal since they are allowing multiples or 2. I haven't checked how mixing pairs of 3D and 2D items work, but in the past this has caused problems with the discounts applying properly

28 3D items -- around $30.40USD shipped for a single pair ( 3-5% higher is using a CC with Foreign Exchange Fee or Amazon Converter)
Disney 3D 2 for £18
It appears Cars 3 and Pirates 5 are included in this sale. All these sale items are Region Free for both the 3D and 2D discs

85 2D items Disney 2 For £15
about $26.40USD shipped for the 1st pair. Not all the 2D discs are region free though the majority are -- see the list below

Zavvi put their sale up this morning US time. Since Zavvi ships for a single flat rate charge it can often be quite a bit cheaper if you're making a big purchase esp since AMazon changes the VAT removal process to lose their price advantage. Zavvi is allowing multiples of 2 to discount in the same order.

2D Disney 2 for £14.99

3D Disney 2 for £17.99

Disney Steelbooks 2 for £20

Most Disney items are Region Free but there are some older releases that were B locked or B/C only
The only Disney 3D item that was ever B locked was the special limited release of Ratatouille.
Up, BOLT, and Nightmare Before Christmas 3D were Region Free, but the 2D disc in the combo packs was B locked to make for strange events. Those 3D items aren't part of the sale, but in case folks are looking at non-sale items. Also there are a few itmes like Need For Speed and THE BFG that are Disney in the US, but are not Disney in most of Europe -- those items are usually B locked in the UK. Other countries do have Region A compatible releases of those items though.
Region B or B/C Only
-Bolt 2D
-Dumbo
-Enchanted
-Jungle Book (1967)
-Jungle Book 2
-Meet the Robinsons
-The Nightmare Before Christmas 2D
-Pinocchio
-The Princess and the Frog
-Ratatouille 2D and 3D
-Sleeping Beauty
-Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
-Sorcerers Apprentice
-Tinker Bell
-Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure
-Up 2D
-Wall-e
-The Wild

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Disney has some 2D things in 2 packs for pretty good prices often. The Rescuers, Lito, Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis, Bambi, etc... Those seem to be included along with the singles. Careful now...

Zavvi's Disney page doesn't work when you selection United States. I think they don't ship here? :(

Question... the newer Pete's dragon never came out 3D?

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Disney has some 2D things in 2 packs for pretty good prices often. The Rescuers, Lito, Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis, Bambi, etc... Those seem to be included along with the singles. Careful now...

Zavvi's Disney page doesn't work when you selection United States. :(

Question... the newer Pete's dragon never came out 3D?

I think if your Zavvi opening page defaults to the US site you want see the sale.
Check the upper right corner and change the flag to UK and the links should work.
I forget that my Zavvi default is always set to UK sub-site.

The 2D titles aren't the main even here unless you want want some of the Vaulted titles like Fantasia (not wanting the wait until the next re-release). The 3D sale is main part of the sale.
The newer Pete's Dragon never had a 3D release anywhere in the world.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Got it to work but crap! Jungle Book 3D is just region 2. Had to cancel order. Waiting...

amazon uk has the region free.

Updates: they won't let me cancel. crazy. I just ordered!!

Anyway, Zavvi says region 2. Hummm... there is no region 2 on blu ray. hahahaha! blu-ray.com says region free for jungle book 3d uk. should be safe from big bad ole region 2 blu ray!!

It was a better deal on zavvi. But I'm leaving well enough alone. I'll bet they goofed on the listing.

THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP! 6 new Disney 3Ds! woo hoo!

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Got it to work but crap! Jungle Book 3D is just region 2. Had to cancel order. Waiting...

amazon uk has the region free.

Updates: they won't let me cancel. crazy. I just ordered!!

Anyway, Zavvi says region 2. Hummm... there is no region 2 on blu ray. hahahaha!

It was a better deal on zavvi. But I'm leaving well enough alone. I'll bet they goofed on the listing.

THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP! 6 new Disney 3Ds! woo hoo!

Jungle Book 3D is Region Free just like all of those 3D items on the list.

Jungle Book 1967 is Region locked, but not the Live Action version.

The only actual Disney 3D that has ever been region locked in Ratatouille (again discounting Uk releases like Need for Speed and THE BFG that aren't Disney titles there). Though none of these are part of the sale, that even includes combo packs like Nightmare Before Xmas, Bolt and Up! where the 3D disc is Region Free and 2D is B-locked in the same package. Like Amazon, Zavvi is incredibly unreliable on Region Coding. ALL Disney's 1st released theatrically after mid 2010 have been 100% Region Free.

I listed all the known Region Locked Disney 2D (Plus Rat 3D)items in the opening post

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
That's great. I'll just relax. I'm thinking of doing another order, but I'm going to leave the amazon uk one for Nemo and Dory alone and just pay more. So nice getting a collection of disneys like this.

oh yeah, I don't have a all region player yet but got that BFG 3D for the atmos sound. Also got that Nightmare Before. I'm blowing enough in the last few days to get a all region player with 3d and 4k!!! aaarrrgghhh!!!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's great. I'll just relax. I'm thinking of doing another order, but I'm going to leave the amazon uk one for Nemo and Dory alone and just pay more. So nice getting a collection of disneys like this.

oh yeah, I don't have a all region player yet but got that BFG 3D for the atmos sound. Also got that Nightmare Before. I'm blowing enough in the last few days to get a all region player with 3d and 4k!!! aaarrrgghhh!!!

Probably no help now, but for others who might be interested

THE BFG 3D with Atmos is Region Free from Netherlands. It can be ordered from Bol.com though be aware it only included the 3D disc

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
The seller I used for BFG, also Pan and In the Heart of the sea 3d/atmos all steelbooks, was very good. Well packaged. I also got non 3D Name of the Rose blu ray.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The seller I used for BFG, also Pan and In the Heart of the sea 3d/atmos all steelbooks, was very good. Well packaged. I also got non 3D Name of the Rose blu ray.

Which country/seller did you use -- I wasn't aware of a Region Free BFG 3D Steelbook with Atmos or am I misreading?

The only BFG 3D Steelbook at all I knew of was the Metropolitan French set which I think is B-locked

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Which country/seller did you use -- I wasn't aware of a Region Free BFG 3D Steelbook with Atmos or am I misreading?

The only BFG 3D Steelbook at all I knew of was the Metropolitan French set which I think is B-locked
I have brain damage. strike that. I just got the others from that seller. BFG from a different one. /seeing the world in 1D

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith
I just wish Disney would look again at their 4k pricing - Thor: Ragnarok at £25.99 and the future Star Wars on pre-order at £26.99 - when most new 4K releases are £19.99....

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
The mouse has deep pockets that must be filled with magical cash at all times. :D

I bought all the 3Ds except:
Cars 3
Zootropolis
Monsters Inc.

I think if they has Monsters and Monsters Uni 3D I would have gotten them like Nemo and Dory. But I can wait. Not huge on Cars but I would like that whole series eventually. Zootropolis trailer looked okay. Everything else looks pretty damn well awesome! Moana, INside Out, Jungle Book, etc...

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I could have sworn both Monsters 3D were on the list yesterday, but Monsters Univ either sold out, was pulled, or I was imagining things again.
Monsters Inc is still there, but backordered at Amazon.
These titles do tend to come and go during the sale so if it actually was there it should come back at some point. There definitely were 28 titles on Amazon the first few hours of the sale and now there are 27 so I guess that could be the missing title

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
all my orders are on the way. will be interested if zavvi can get it here faster than amazon uk.

I'm about to mess all over the settings on my lcd. last one I watched was Trek into darkness. Stunning 3D but I had a lot of crosstalking problems. will adjust them out as best i can.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I already have most of them but interested in Pirates as the reviews have said the 3D is excellent with lots of pop-outs. Now I need one more title. Which has the best 3D - Cars 3, Finding Nemo, Zootropolis or Finding Dory?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I already have most of them but interested in Pirates as the reviews have said the 3D is excellent with lots of pop-outs. Now I need one more title. Which has the best 3D - Cars 3, Finding Nemo, Zootropolis or Finding Dory?

Nemo or Zootropolis -- if you have kids go for Nemo, as an adult I like Zootropolis better though both are excellent.

Cars 3 isn't as good as the original though much better than Cars 2
Finding Dory isn't as good as Nemo.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
First order from Zavvi came today. VERY fast. All region free, including Jungle Book 3d.

Got Planes 3D off ebay for $9.80. Last one though. Been so lucky with 3D stuff. Glad I waited to get a 3D tv. Keep em coming!

The mouse has deep pockets that must be filled with magical cash at all times. :D

I bought all the 3Ds except:
Cars 3
Zootropolis
Monsters Inc.

I think if they has Monsters and Monsters Uni 3D I would have gotten them like Nemo and Dory. But I can wait. Not huge on Cars but I would like that whole series eventually. Zootropolis trailer looked okay. Everything else looks pretty damn well awesome! Moana, INside Out, Jungle Book, etc...
update, got all but Cars 3. Over 20 disney 3Ds. will close eyes when looking at my bank balances.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
wondering if everybody else got their orders. mine all came. Wreck it Ralph was loosy goosy but played just fine.

I still haven't gotten Nemo and Dory from amazon uk. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks