What's new

Dishwalla Opaline DVD-A (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Does anyone have this title on DVD-A or even CD yet? I was thinking of heading over to Best Buy to see if they had the DVD-A.

I don't know a whole lot about it, but I guess it has been out for a week or so?

Is this the first major title to released on CD and DVD-A at the same time?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I have the CD and it sounds fine. Dishwalla have fallen in love with the rock-ballad, though. Not too much variety in the sound. I'd mildly recommend this CD unless you're a big Dishwalla fan.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
I have the DVD-A, the sound and mix are good but I can't say I am thrilled with the music on this one. It is a mild let down.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
So, I guess if would be fair to say that it's not a "Bad" album but it just wasn't what you were expecting?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
It's not a bad album. And to be honest, I wasn't expecting anything (this is my first Dishwalla album since the one w/ counting blue cars, and I don't listen to that one all that much). I bought it because a friend recommended it, saying they had gotten "markedly better since the CBC days."

While their musicianship has advanced, I'm not sure their songwriting has. It's pretty much a one-note album (all the songs sound alike), but it's pleasing to listen to all the same. it's just that not one tune really stands out from the rest. IMHO, of course.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
The only Dishwalla CD I have is Pet Your Friends. Are there any songs on Opaline that resemble "Counting Blue Cars"? I always liked that song.

By the way, a Mickey Hart greatest hits album came out on CD and DVD-Audio on the same day recently. However, I don't know if it came out the same day as Opaline, before Opaline, or after.

Michael_T

Second Unit
By the way, a Mickey Hart greatest hits album came out on CD and DVD-Audio on the same day recently. However, I don't know if it came out the same day as Opaline, before Opaline, or after.
The Mickey Hart came out the same day as the Dishwalla. So I guess both the Mickey Hart and the Dishwalla are the first albums to have a day and date CD/DVD-A release.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Well, it looks like I will be picking up the DVD-A version. I'm such a sucker for any decent DVD-A title, I gotta have it. I went to my Best Buy and I swear they haven't had a new title there is two months. I didn't recognize anything as not being there two months ago.

Well, looks like I'm gonna have to buy it online.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Shawn, Best Buy has gotten a few new titles in past couple months. They got in the Capitol titles (Al Green, Dave Koz, etc.) awhile back. More recently, they've gotten the Randy Newman, Dishwalla, and Queen discs. That said, we have seen a paltry number of new titles this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks