1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Dishpro 301 reciever

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Demaree, May 21, 2001.

1. Chris Demaree

Chris Demaree Stunt Coordinator

I switched from analog cable to Dish Network today. I have a Sony KV36-FV26 TV and a Dishpro 301 receiver. My first impression of the picture quality (via s-video connection) was very positive. The only bad thing I noticed was what seemed like a HELL of a lot of compression artifacts. Is this normal? The picture is still a lot better than my old analog cable connection, I have about 5 times the useable channels and the cost is exactly the same ...so no real complaints. I was curious if 'better' Dish receivers produce a better picture, or not. My signal strength is 97-98.
    The sound quality from my Dish connection is just fine. It seems to be a bit lower in volume than the audio from my DVD and my CD players, though. That happen to anyone else? The installation was quick and professional. The two guys performing the install had a look of awe and wonder when they found out that the big, black cylinder was my subwoofer (SVS 20-39pc). That look was well worth the price of the install (free). So far, I am a happy Dish customer.

2. Winston D

Winston D Agent

I just switched to Dish from Direct TV. I have a 4900 box though. Anyway, to compare the two, Dish has more channels for less money (Americas Everything Package compared to DTV Premium lineup), WB, UPN Channels,Dish has DD movies, and a few other things that are not important to me so I would not elaborate. Dish's guide and interactive menu, SUCK! After getting used to the Sony DTV receiver, it seems like watching a cable guide with Dish.