What's new

Dishnetwork losing Viacom channels.... (1 Viewer)

Erik Pontius

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I'm happy they finally came to an agreement...I won't have to watch Survivor and CSI in OTA snowy-vision tonight.
I was tempted to switch to Direct myself if Dish wasn't going to be able to keep CBS/MTV/MTV2 etc... Though it does still worry me that the Chuck Chat replay on 101 lumped MTV2 as an "obscure" channel...I hope that they are not considering MTV2 as redundant programming that needs to be eliminated. MTV2 is the only one that plays mostly videos and not reality and culture programs like MTV does. Sure FUSE plays music videos, but they are a bit closer to MTV programming. Now I'm glad I don't have to shell out some more bucks for new equipment and enter a new contract with a new provider...
I'm sure that people that did take the plunge and switched to DirecTV have their own reasons that probably culminated with this latest staring contest.

Erik

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
I hope Ergen lost. I hope it doesn't cost us too much as customers. As I said before in this thread, manipulating customers like this is bad business. No negotiating skills.

I could give a whit about Nicktoons, but my kids dictate which of these channels I care about not me. My wife did call me to tell me that Noggin was back and that Dora was in the hizzouse!

I do not think D* is immune to this stuff. And I am really happy with the quality of my programming and stuff at E*. Their customer service leaves A LOT to be desired, but if I don't like the answers I am getting I hang up and get some other call center functionary who will tell me what I want to hear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks