What's new

Dish PPV DD broadcast question (1 Viewer)

Jim Korns

Auditioning
The other day I subscribed to my first PPV movie from the DISH network. The movie was listed as DD indicating a Dolby Digital broadcast, however my receiver stayed in Prologic mode during the movie. I use a Yamaha 995 which has always auto-sensed Prologic/DD/DTS modes when I play DVDs. I assumed that this would also happen with the signal from the Dish.
Is there a Dish setup I am missing? I am not sure how HT receivers in general do the decoding auto selection, but do not see why this should not have happened with the PPV movie unless it really was not broadcast with DD.
BTW I am using the Dish 500 setup with the 7222 reciever.
Thanks

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Jim, when I first ordered the PPV DD movie from Dish, I realized that sometimes that you have to move it off the channel and bring it back in to catch the DD signal. Also check in the menu of your dish receiver, goto Dolby Digital and select Dolby Digital/PCM. If you have PCM only then it also shifts to Dolby Prologic.
------------------
If loving Home Theater is
wrong, I don't want to be
right!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks