Dish Network

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by John Alvarez, Mar 18, 2005.

1. John Alvarez

John Alvarez Screenwriter

I need some help. I want to get Dish but the cost is so high. I currently have one cable coming in the house to a splitter feeding 6 outlets. With the dish I want 5 rooms, one with high def. The want 150 for a multi switch and 75 bucks to fish each wall plus 200 for a box. Can anyone recommend a book or something? I can fish the cable myself but need to know what to do.

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Fish all the cables back to a central locatoin, preferrably near where the dish will be located. Some of Dish's PVRs require two cables to operate correctly, so you will need to run two cables to some locations.

Any reason you are going with Dish instead of DirecTV?

-Robert

3. John Alvarez

The main reason is cost. I only have to pay service fee on 2 additional boxes instead of 4.

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Which receivers are you going with? Are you going with the dual tuner/dual output models? The 522 and 322?

-Robert

5. John Alvarez

It will be the ones that tune 2 t.v.'s from one reciever and then I want a high def reciever for the living room. What kind of cable do you recommend? What about the multi switch? If I get it on my own do they have a problem with that? I want to do whatever I can to save money but I want them to install the 4 room system and dish free.

6. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    You can't get the switch until you know the type of LNB you are getting with the dish. Legacy, DishPro or DishPro Plus. Just look at the different combinations at Dish Depot. Actually Dish Depot is the company I bought my equipment from when I spent that horrible year as Dish customer. They were extremely helpful with everything except getting out of my one year contract.

-Robert