Dish Network to address chroma upsample bug

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lyle_JP, Jun 26, 2001.

1. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Screenwriter

Read about it here.
    It looks like they will have an exchange program for some of their receivers. Pretty cool, eh?
    -Lyle J.P.

2. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

So do you see this "jaggies" if you use the S-video or the Composite or both?
    Bill
    ------------------

3. Timmy

Timmy Stunt Coordinator

Dish claimed this prblem occurs in "some" receivers. What models are affected?

4. John_Bonner

John_Bonner Supporting Actor

Has anyone exchanged their receiver? If so do you have to send Dish your reciver first (and go w/o satellite for a few days) or will they send you the new unit first?
    ------------------
    JB
    "This is Chuck reminding Bill to shut up!"

5. Jeff O.

Jeff O. Stunt Coordinator

Bill,
    I can't remember for sure whether I also saw it using the composite output (I think I did), but I know for sure that I saw it using the S-Video out.
    Timmy,
    I had the problem with a model 4700.
    John,
    My unit was still under warranty (less than a year old). They sent out a new unit very quickly (got it in like two days). You then ship the old unit back in the box that the new unit came in. So there is no interuption in service. They charged me $15.00 for shipping and handling that includes shipping the new unit out and an RMA for return of the old receiver. They sent me out a model 4900 unit (a refurb) that did not have the problem. I was really happy with their service.
    Jeff

6. John_Bonner

Jeff:
    Did you originally purchase the equipment from Dish or a third party vendor?
    I bought mine from DishDepot and my one year will be up in a few weeks.
    ------------------
    JB

7. Jeff O.

John,
    I originally purchased from a third party vendor (dothedish.com). I think that all of the warranty service on Dish receivers is handled by Dish, no matter where you originally purchased it. If you have the problem, I would definitely make sure you take care of it before the warranty runs out. There was a thread on this forum awhile ago about the problem (that is where I first learned about it)and I think some people had to pay more if there unit was out of warranty.
    Jeff

8. Jeff O.

9. John_Bonner

Thanks Jeff! I also found out some more info about this problem on the Echostar Knowledge Base.
    ------------------
    JB

10. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Ok, I just called the number, you get an answer machine and you have to leave your model 2700, 3700, or 4700 receiver CAID#'s so get this before you make the long distance phone call! After an E* rep will call you back to discuss.
    Will advise my outcome.
    ------------------
    Regards,
    Todd

My HT

11. Jeff O.

Todd,
    I just called the regular Dish customer service #. They put me in touch with a tech., the tech asked me to check some things (cable, etc.) and when it didn't fix the problem they gave me an 800 number to call to replace the unit. They didn't really seem to be aware of any "red jaggie" issues, but they agreed to replace the unit when their techs couldn't solve the problem over the phone. You might try this route also. I got the new unit 3 days after calling them. Again, my unit was still under warranty, if yours is not the procedure may be different.
    Jeff

12. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    6/29-No response from Dish yet!
    I think I am just gonna wait and see how long this takes for them to call back and then when they do [​IMG]
    Hum, so what channels did I want to drop??
    ------------------
    Regards,
    Todd

My HT

13. Basil Kazepis

Basil Kazepis Auditioning

I have a newer model DP301 receiver which has the red chroma upsample bug. I have just left a message with the number for the other model receivers. Lets see what their response will be. Anyone else experience this with the 301?
    It is very noticable.
    Basil

14. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    7/11/01
    UPDATE
    NO call back YET! Called tech support, the guy that answered had never heard of what I was talking about! Put me on hold [​IMG]
    I suggest anyone that called in and left a voice mail via the toll number on the website call IN and complain and see whats going on!
    ------------------
    Regards,
    Todd

My HT