What's new

Dish Network receiver, harmful interference? (1 Viewer)

Chris_A

Auditioning
My family just signed up with dish network and had it installed today while I was away. I know very little about satellite TV and was disturbed when I came home to find a receiver sitting ontop of my TV in my bedroom. I looked in the manual and it said, "do not place receiver on or below any electronic devices"-- can this cause damage? I have had experience in the past with harmful interference and would rather not deal with it again. Is there any possibility of this happening? I also have my dvd player in close proximity.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
That warning is for heat. Some people stack a AV receiver, CATV box, DVD player, CD player all directly on top of each other - then wonder why they are buying new electronics every 3 months.

Make sure you have ventilation above the unit to let it stay cool and you should be fine. Dont block any vent holes.

The only other thing to worry about is magnetic interference. Does the TV display right below the Dish receiver look distorted? If not, you are fine.

Note: I have a Dish PVR on top of a 19" tube television in a spare room and dont have any heat or magnetic problems.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks