What's new

Dish Network HD help (1 Viewer)

paul dd

Stunt Coordinator
I am a bit new to this so please excuse my ignorance :D. I have a Dish Network setup (top 150 programming, no HBO, no SHO: L.A. area) which I have had for a over a year now. I have the DISH500 with 2 Dish 3900 receivers. What I would like to do is to add Dish Network reception to 2 more rooms. I see a HD-ready 16:9 TV in the near future and would like to take advantage of that on 1 room. Some of my questions include:
*Can I get any model Dish Network receiver for the 1 new room that does not require HD? Or does it need to match my 2 3900 model receivers? What other Hardware would I need for HD?
*Anyone purchased used receivers from ebay before? what are the things that you need to look out for when doing this?
*What other subscriptions do i need to get from DISH in order for me to get HD on 1 TV?
Any other additional info. that you can provide would be great. THANKS!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What other subscriptions do i need to get from DISH in order for me to get HD on 1 TV?
You need to subscribe to HBO to get HBO-HD. You need to subscribe to Showtime to get Showtime-HD. HD-PPV is available for about $6 per movie. The HD demo channel is free but only available from the 61.5 satellite. CBS-HD (east on 61.5, west on 148) is available for $1.50 (I think) and I think you qualify being in the L.A. area.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks