Dish Network dish type?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Brandon Steck, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Brandon Steck

Brandon Steck Stunt Coordinator

Hey all. I work with DirecTV and I know you have to have the 3 LNB dish to get HD, but I have Dish network at home and have been able to find jack from their website about what equipment is necessary to receive HD, and I hate calling them. Is it the same as DirecTV? Someone told me they thought Dish required two dishes because they point in opposite directions. If so, that sucks. I live in Tampa, Fl, if that matters. Thanks for the help.

2. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    Now this is some great irony. You work for DTV but you own DISH? LOL, that's not exactly a great endorsement for your employer, is it? [​IMG] I have to ask: Why is this? [​IMG]

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/p...tv/index.shtml

I don't know if that link has information that you've either seen or does you any good. I'd have to believe if you placed the order for this they'd bring everything necessary, but it is nice to know exactly what you're in to.

FWIW, I have seen Dish owners with more than one dish. This may or may not be because of HD use. Just call 'em! [​IMG]

3. Brandon Steck

I don't work FOR DirecTV, I work at Best Buy and we sell it. Disappointingly, we don't get any sort of discount on service or else I'd probably have Direct. I hate calling them because they always want to install everything themselves and I don't like having to tell them no 50 times. Hopefully someone on here will know the answer and I can avoid contact [​IMG]

4. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    OH! LOL! Sorry. It says WITH DirecTV, not FOR DirecTV. Very interesting, though. Even at that, your position intruiges me and I'll be following this thread so I hopefully learn a few things, too. Good luck! [​IMG]

5. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Brandon, I have HD with Dish Network and I only require 1 dish(500). I subscribe to AT 120 & the HD package. I do not subscribe to any movie channels. When I had it installed, almost 1 year ago, I was told you only need a second dish for international channels. I recommend you confirm this first before setting up installation.

6. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    Jim Mcc, that's very good news if that ends up being confirmed. [​IMG]

7. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    The satellite at 61.5 carries these channels - link. The only HD channels I see is the demo channel and WCBS-DT.
    Other channels:
    121 Requires a Super Dish.

-Robert

8. Brandon Steck

Jim, is it a dual LNB or triple? Does dish even have triple? There are reasons that I cannot disclose as to why I have dish over direct . . . I'm sure a few of you know what I mean.