Dish Network + baseball?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Philip Hamm, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Jan 23, 1999
    Hey anybody have Dish Network and watch baseball? I know I'll get my local sports network, but If I get the sportspack can I get other area local coverage of games on the various Fox Sportsnet channels?
  2. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Feb 24, 2000
    I watch alot of baseball and to answer your question: Nope.
    Unfortunately the sports pack is the same as it is on Directv. You only get the talk shows, and some non-major sports on these channels. Any Pro sports game not in your local area will be blacked out. This is why the Sports Pack is so cheap when compared to th Major League baseball package. Currently Directv stil has an exclusive on this service. I had it for 2 years when I had Directv but I was always wondering if I was watching enough games to really justify the cost.
  3. Tommy G

Tommy G Screenwriter

Sep 19, 2000
    Randy, I think you're incorrect as Dishnetwork has a package called the MLB Extra Innings Package and it promises all non-home team games (meaning the local team(s) in your area) with the exception of Saturdays and Sunday Nights (which ESPN holds the rights to). It really isn't cheap by any stretch either at $149. I just ordered this due to their promise of up to 60 regular season games per week. If you're hesitant to get it, they are offering it free from 4/5 - 4/11 so give it a whirl. You have until April 18 to get the early bird rate and then it goes up to $169.