What's new

Dish Network "any" receiver question. (1 Viewer)

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I have a Dual LNB Dish 500 system but only have one receiver. I was wondering if I can hook up "any" older receiver to my system (i.e. 2700, 301, 3800 and etc.)? My wife is wanting to watch TV in the bedroom.

I figure I would get an older receiver for less than $90.00. I also believe it will be an extra $5.00 per month for the extra receiver? What kind of coax cable should I use for the long run over 50ft.? Any gotha's to look out for when purchasing a used receiver?

Thanks!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Any gotha's to look out for when purchasing a used receiver?
If you are buying one with the access card, get the card number and call Dish. The original owner must call and release the card first. Don't buy unless you know the card has been released.

-Robert

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Robert,

So that means you have one SW21 combining the two LNBs. You will need anthor SW21 switch for the second receiver.
Actually I'm not sure what it is I have. I did install the dish myself. My kit came with something like the SW21 but it has two inputs and two outputs but is very generic looking. It looks like a dual female - female splice adapter for the coax. Will I be able to use the other "out" on this splice adapter to run to a second receiver? (My ground wire runs from this splice adapter block to my main house ground.)

Hmmm...I guess I found what I was looking for:
http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads.../install-3.pdf

Thanks for the replies everyone! :) Now I'm off to find a good released receiver/card combo.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If that is what you have, then it's called a Twin LNB. It's really two dual LNBs and an SW42 switch all in a single housing. It already has an empty output that you can connect a second receiver to. If you want more than two receivers though, you will have to upgrade your dish.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks