What's new

Dish network and the Toshiba 50h81 (1 Viewer)

DaveD

Auditioning
I have just gotten the new toshiba TV set and DVDs look great however Dish looks lousy with lots of tiling and pixelization so bad it is almost unwatchable. I was on the phone with the dish people for about an hour. The final guy I talked to was actually fairly knowledgeable too. He said that this problem would be resolved for standard transmissions if I were to upgrade to the Dish6000. I currently have a Dish 500 and when it was connected to my 27" mits looked great. The dish guy is claiming that by using the component video input from the 6000 will eliminate the poor picture quality. Can anyone confirm this for me or is the rep full of crap.
With Band of brothers upcoming and the full rerun of all the sopranos I may be able to justify the 6000 upgrade, however if all the other channels still look like crap even through component it seams pretty worthless to me. Lastly does anyone else have this set set up to dish 500, I wonder if maybe my tv is broken.

Daved, I also have the 56h80 and the technician is correct. Before I purchased the RCA HiDef box with component connections, I was using a regular box with a s-video connection. The picture was horrible!!! Now I'm no expert, but I beleive it has somthing to do with the amont of resolution these tv's are capable of, very unforgiving. I tried expensive s-video cables, coax, you name it. Once I got the hidef box and used some really good component cables....wow, what a difference. Good luck, dave

DaveD

Auditioning
Dave thanks for your swift reply. Know i need to find a good deal on a dish 6000 box. I hooked up my old 27" and it looked great so I guess the TV is too good if that is possible.

I have both the 6000 and the 501 dish units going into my tosh 40x81 and couldn't be more pleased with the pic from each one. The 6000 was my primary until the 501 arrived and I always had a great pic from the composite converted into antenna 2. The 6000 is now just on my colorstream 2 inputs for hd. The 501 goes now into antenna 2 and the only time I have pic quality problems is when the material that dish is sending out is old and not well converted to digital. Everything else looks fantastic. Not quite sure why yours should be so bad. I know a larger set can bring out more artifacts but I've never had much difficulty with any artifacts...
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks