What's new

Dish network and switches (1 Viewer)

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
Hello all, I am hoping to get some help. My father was recently transferred to another city. Instead of moving into a house he moved into an apartment. In doing so he had to cut down on some of things. One of those items was his dish network system. I was planning to leave direct tv and get into dish anyway so he told me to take all of his equipment. He was using the dish 500 and had hook-ups for four televisions. I am going to only use two televisions one in the living room and the other in the hometheater. Now my mother brought over to me the boxes and the dish but she didn't bring the switches. Being use to Direct Tv I didn't know anything about dish's set up. I called both dish and a local retailer, and both of them told me that I wouldn't need any switches, but that doesn't sound right. I will be trying to get signals from 119 and 110 so that must mean I need some form of switches right? Now can I use the same multi switch that is used for direct tv or will I need one that is specifically meant for Dish network systems? Thanks for the help

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Since you are only using two receivers and only aiming at two satellites, all you need are two SW-21 switches.

-Robert

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
do I have to use dish's sw-21 spacifically or can I use other diplexer switchers like one from rca as an example

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The SW-21 isn't a diplexor it's a mechanical switch. The receiver will send out a low baud rate signal to the switch based on the channel you want to watch. The switch will connect the receiver to the correct LNB for that channel.

-Robert

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
I see. Thanks. I trying to find some in town instead of ordering and waiting for them to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks