DISH move program

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adrian_N, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Adrian_N

Adrian_N Agent

Has anyone used the DISH mover program? Are you contracted for a year of programming? I'll be moving later this year, but in case I can't afford to continue the subscription, I would like the option to quit.

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I used it in January. There is no programming commitment.
    -Robert

3. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

There is no commitment. However, there can be. Right now they have a "deal" where if you commit to one year of 150 AND credit card auto pay, you can get Dishmovers for free.
    This actually worked out well for me. I did NOT leave my old Dish assembly where I used to live, and I was able to get a new dish installed for "free" where I currently reside. My current house is only temporary, and I did not want to climb onto a two story house for a temporary chimney mount. Now I can leave this new dish assembly here and still have my old one for when I move again.
    Oh and they allowed me to pay for one year in advance with the credit card auto pay thing so that I could get that discount as well (comes out to one month free I think).
    C. Ryan

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I forgot about the new program. The program I used was a new dish and free install for $75 (free shipping with auto pay). It was still $50 cheaper than buying a new dish.
    -Robert

5. Adrian_N

Adrian_N Agent

Thanks for the info!! We'll see what happens. The new house payments will make it tough for a little while....