What's new

Dish keeps losing signal (1 Viewer)

CapnSharpe

Stunt Coordinator
For the past 3 months, my dishplayer has been somehow losing the signal. This happens regardless of weather conditions. Sometimes the lose is so quick it re-acquires the signal before it can provide any sort of message. Other times, like tonight, I lose everything for 2 or 3 minutes. What started as an annoyance has become a problem as this never happens during a commercial!
furious.gif

Any clues about what it might be? Or should I assume that this thing intends to die before it's first birthday, sometime in mid-July?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That is a sign that there is something wrong in the cable. Check all of the connections, especially outside. Water could have leaked into an F connector and corrosion may have started. If that has happened, just cut the bad end off and put another one on.
Your receiver sends the LNB either 13 or 18 volts to tune into the odd and even transponders. If the voltage doesn't get there, the circuits in the LNBs don't know which transponders to tune in.
Also the software "upgrade" that happened early Wednesday morning is causing a lot of people to get the "getting satellite information" message. Dish and Microsoft were aware of this problem during beta testing but chose to ignore it.
-Robert

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
ALso check to see that you've got a clear line of reception to your dish. Two months ago, our neighbor's tree had a branch that grew just enough to screw up our dish's reception. I kept getting the "Searching for Signal" message until I got up on the a ladder with the hedge trimmer and we haven't had a problem since.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks